Don't Want to Be Too Small but Am a 34 DDD/DD but Have Neck and Shoulder Pain and Grooves. Any Suggestions?

5'3 and 140

Breast reduction and final size

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what is best for you. Certainly if you are a DDD reducing your breasts to a C or even a D may be possible and still reduce your breasts significantly.  Again, the exam is key.

Breast Reduction

+1

I think you should talk with a surgeon about a breast reduction and discuss your size concerns. Most patients see a dramatic relief in neck and shoulder pain after the surgery, assuming it's not some cervical disk issue.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery; it tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we  perform.

I would suggest a person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients, like you, wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. ‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.