Don't Want to Be Too Small but Am a 34 DDD/DD but Have Neck and Shoulder Pain and Grooves. Any Suggestions?

5'3 and 140

Breast reduction and final size

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what is best for you. Certainly if you are a DDD reducing your breasts to a C or even a D may be possible and still reduce your breasts significantly.  Again, the exam is key.

Breast Reduction

+1

I think you should talk with a surgeon about a breast reduction and discuss your size concerns. Most patients see a dramatic relief in neck and shoulder pain after the surgery, assuming it's not some cervical disk issue.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery; it tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we  perform.

I would suggest a person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients, like you, wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.