I Dont Want Silicone Implants, is It Safe to Inject my Own Fat into my Breasts at the Same Time when Getting a Lift?

I am considering TT, BBL and BL. I wanted my breasts to have a more fuller look with the lift, but i do no want implants of any kind. Therefore i was thinking that if fat can be injected into the buttocks, can the same principle be applied to the breasts?

Breast Lift and Augmentation with Autologous fat

+2

To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and augmentation.

It is now possible with the newest technique for you to enlarge your breasts without resorting to implants!  Specially prepared fat taken from another part of the body, such as the stomach or hips, is placed under the breast tissue to provide increased breast size without the need for artificial implants. The technique is called autologous fat transfers and autologous simply means "your own." And who doesn't have a little fat to spare?

No long term studies on the safety of fat grafting to the breast

+2

Thank you for your question. There are plastic surgeons who perform fat grafting to the breast.  However, there are 2 key things to consider.  One is that the volume change is sometimes not as much as the patient wanted.  The second is that there are no long term studies on the safety of fat injections to the breast in patients who have breast tissue.  For example, is there any effect on the development of breast cancer?  You should discuss your goals and these issues during your consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Fat injection with breast lift

+2

Meaningful volume increase often needs adequate donor fat so only an examination in person can determine whether you would have enough to provide the result you are hoping for. This will also depend on how much breast tissue you currently have for the lift. Both can feasibly be done at the same time, but only a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can provide for you the best options in keeping with your expectations. Good luck!

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes, fat grafting of the breasts is a valid technique for breast enhancement. Doing this with a lift might be difficult depending on the type of lift needed. You can only go up one cup size per surgery.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections to breasts

+2

Fat injections to the breasts can be performed safely. The pros and cons of the approaches as well as the timing should be discussed with you by a board certified plastic surgeon familiar with performing these procedures. Not sure if you have enough fat for a bbl, and breast augmentation. By experience usually you have enough for a bbl at the time of tummy tuck with lipo of the love handles and surrounding areas, but not enough to augment the breasts at the same time. You may have enough breast tissue when properly lifted to give you the look you want. I would suggest you get the consultation and start there. Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

is It Safe to Inject my Own Fat into my Breasts at the Same Time when Getting a Lift?

+2

Provided that you have sufficient fat as a source for grafting, you can have fat grafts to the breasts and to the buttocks at one surgery. Finding a comfortable way to sleep may be difficult, but that may trump the inconvenience of two separate surgeries. All the best, 

Fat injections will require a proper amount of fat available for breast augmentation.

+2

Most people who want breast augmentation do not have enough body fat for appreciable volume enhancement. This determination will be made by your plastic surgeon.

Fat injections to breasts

+2

Your fat may be used to inject into your breasts for fuller breasts. I prefer to do the breast lift at a separate time of fat injections, so that the fat is not compressed too tightly. Fat injections is a safe and more permanent type of breast enlargement.  all breast implants have the risk of rupturing over time. I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs fat transfers to the breast.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer breast augmentation

+1
Enhancing your breast size with fat injections, using your own fat (this is called fat transfer), sounds like a good idea. You’d think that they were the most natural breast implants, since you use your own fat taken from one place on your body that can afford it, like your thighs, and re-inject it into your breasts. Generally, this method can only augment your breasts by up to one cup size. Anything more requires implants.

Although fat transfer may be natural breast implants, the main problem is that some of the re-injected fat does not remain as it is and calcifies. On a mammogram, these calcifications can have the same appearance as breast cancer, which can definitely be alarming! Other concerns, which have been defined by the FDA, are the risk of oil cysts and tissue scarring. To date, there is no research that proves fat injection is safer than saline/silicone implants.

That’s why it’s best to stick with the tried-and-tested option of implants for their stability, safety and ability to achieve more predictable results. Implants remain your best choice.

However, you can consider breast lift and auto augmentation. This technique involves lifting the breasts then using the breast tissue to add volume. It is suitable for select patients.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Fat injections to the breasts

+1

It is possible that you could achieve your goals but I would not look to fat injections to improving the size of your breasts to any appreciable degree.