Would a Laser Treatment be Better than Revision Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I had upper & lower blepharoplasty done when I was 40 & looked great! Now I'm 52 & my lower eyelids are puffy again. I was told by two different MD's not to get another Blepharopasty, & that a laser treatment would do a better job of fixing my bags. I've been researching & am still confused as to what type would be best for me. Active FX, Fractional, CO2, etc! I checked on you tube videos & some of the people look slimy & swollen, while others look great & just a little red. Please help! T

Photograph lacks detail.

Generally, the laser procedures you are citing are very mild and may or may not make the difference you are looking for.  I personally prefer phenol chemical peel for the lower eyelid when I am trying address lower eyelid laxity and some fullness in the lower eyelid.  The tightening that is obtained is very helpful.  This is not for everyone.  There is no substitute for a personal consultation.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Lower lid treatment with LASER

It would be helpful to review good clinical pictures of the eyes as the picture posted is not adequate for a clinical evaluation. I would suggest that your consultations should be result oriented and not procedure or technology driven. Meet with a qualified facial Plastic, general Plastic or Occuloplastic surgeon to review all your options and decide on the one that best meet your cosmetic as well as financial and recovery needs.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

1000 Plain Street
Marshfield , Massachusetts 02050

It sounds like you should go back to the original surgeon for a face to face examination and then treatment recommendations. No cosmetic procedure lasts forever. Your posted photo does not allow any assessment of the current state of your eyes.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

120 South Spalding
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

If two different MDs who actually examined you told you not to have a traditional Blepharoplasty, it is hard to recommend a Blepharoplasty unless you are seen personally.  Laser is a good method to tighten skin and get rid of wrinkles.  However, what is best for you would depend on many factors, and nothing substitutes for a personal consultation.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Would a Laser Treatment be Better than Revision Blepharoplasty?

Laser as a method of dissolvoing lower lid fat bags offers no real benefits over a transconjunctival Revision Lower Blepharoplasty and if you'rer speaking of using the Laser externally on the skin...this tightens the skin but will NOT remove the fat bags at all.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211