I don't want implants, just symmetry. Is it possible to do this?

I've never seen it done, just implants. It doesn't matter how small my breasts become afterwards, I just want them to look the same. My areolas are large and I would like them both smaller and the same size. How much would this cost? And what would the pain be as severe as implants?

Areolar reduction

+1

When you say you want them to look the same are you just referring to the arealo or your entire breast. There are limitations to all surgeries and by restricting the use of an implant you will reduce your risk of being symmetrical. Fat grafting could be an option depending upon how much fat you have to donate.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

In your case as seen in the posted photo fat grafting and lifting operations are needed in my opinion. Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your area/city.

Symmetry without Implants

+1

Improving and equalizing your breast shape without implants is possible. It would make you very small but if you are okay with that outcome then surgery can be done. The discomfort is less than a breast augmentation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Asymmetry

+1

It is possible with lift/reduction techniques. You may also want to consider fat grafting as this is a reasonable options for non-implant breast augmentation.

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to discuss options.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1
It is possible to achieve symmetry without implants. This could be achieved by reducing the larger breast and performing a breast lift on the smaller. An aerolar reduction could also be performed on both breasts.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1

A breast lift on one and a breast reduction on the other coupled with areolar reduction should improve symmetry and reduce areolar size. This is not a particularly painful operation and may cost $6000 on the low end.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Correction of breast and areola asymmetry without breast implants

+1

It is possible to correct breast and areola asymmetry without the use of breast implants. This would require a moderate reduction on your larger left breast and a breast lift on the smaller right breast. These procedures can be performed though doughnut, lollipop, or anchor types of incisions, depending on the amount of areolar reduction and breast lift required. Costs for this type of procedure can vary. Many plastic surgery practices, including ours, offer free consultations, which including discussing the cost of the procedure. Pain after this type of procedure is usually well controlled with oral pain medications, and there are a number of alternative treatments to minimize post operative discomfort. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in both cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery. Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you are looking to try to get the best symmetry for your breasts without implants and do not care how small your breasts will be, then having a breast lift with a small breast reduction of the left breast to match your right side should help you obtain what you are looking for. Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon