I Don't Want Big Boobs and Im Scared. Size Recommendation?

I am looking to go from an A-cup to a C-cup. I like smaller breasts because I run marathons so I'm very lean. I normally sit at around 107 lbs, 5'2, 30" ribcage, 23" waist, and 34" hips. I am in culinary school and have gained 25 lbs. I'll be taking that off immediately! I can't wait on my sugary or I'll have to wait another year. My PS suggested 400cc HP. I think thats HUGE. I don't want to be top heavy. Is he sizing my according to my size now? Should I worry that he has a big boob preference?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breasts Sizing For A Petite Silhouette

+1

Without physical examination in an in-person consultation it is not possible to provide you with a definitive suggestion that will best fit your petite silhouette.

Nonetheless, 400cc HP implants may be just on the borderline of the large breasts spectrum based on your physique.

Therefore, I encourage you to try smaller sizes during consultation while wearing a tight shirt that will help give you a fair idea of the end size you may be looking for.

Furthermore, 3D morphing softwares could come handy helping you make a well-informed decision.

All in all, the idea of sizing and breast-cups measurements differs from one patient to another greatly and so it has to be approach in a custom matter.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Getting sized for breast implants can be very involved but doesn't have to be difficult.

+1

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

If you are uncomfortable with that size, see more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss other possibilities.  I hope this helps

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Choosing the right implant size

+1

Hi. I cannot recommend an implant size for you without direct examination; however, based on your height, weight, and measurement, 400ccHP may be too large for you.  When I recommend an implant size, it depends on 1) patient's anatomy: chest height, chest width, amount of breast tissue, and 2) patient's desired goal.  Please review pre and postop photos of patients who have similar body measurement to you and see what size implants have been used on them.  Also, show your plastic surgeon photos of women who have your desired look.  You can also try on implant sizers and tell your plastic surgeon your desired implant size.  Good luck to you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Don't Want Big Boobs & Scared about size...Recommendation? #breastaug

+1

From what you describe with your frame 400 cc implants seem big for you. Being that said, I have not seen you or taken your measurements so this advice is limited. Keep in mind that high profile implants will make you look more rounded and less natural than the classic teardrop shape we describe. Some patients want that, but most do not. In patients who are small like you, but want to be big I too would use high profile implants. But what you describe sounds like you need to go back and make sure you are on the same page with your surgeon.

Richard J. Brown, MD

The right breast implant size

+1

Determining the appropriated breast implant for your situation should take into account many factors. Basically, the implant width needs to match your breast width to avoid having breasts that look like implants if that is your goal. Breast implants can be then chosen with this width in different profiles which is more volume and projection. So, to keep a more natural shape after augmentation the midrange profile is better, and the high profile is better to maximally increase cup size. Surgeons have their different ways of recommending particular implants for your situation. Someone like yourself being athletic the probably would be better served with lesser profile and volume. There could be something about your exam that influenced the surgeon's recommendation and I would revisit with them you concerns before committing to the implant size.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Unsure of implant size for breast augmentation

+1

I would recommend returning to you PS and requesting to try on the actual demo implants.  This way you can be comfortable with your decision and get a good idea of how you will look after the surgery.  Based on the measurements you provided a 400cc implant does sound a little large for you frame, especially since you are an athlete, but the only way to know for sure is try them on.I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel   

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Big Boobs and Im Scared.... Size Recommendation?

+1

You should look on the internet and find photos of women similar in size and shape to you with a breast size that you like and bring the pictures to your plastic surgeon for a discussion about what you like, and what your goal is...this should help you both in making a final determination that you will both be pleased with. 

Kenneth A. Marshall, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Is 400cc Too Large

+1

Based on your desire to have smaller breasts and that you like running marathons, 400cc might be a little too large. It is impossible to really tell though without an examination and discussion. I recommend not basing your final decision on a cup size but rather the "look" you are going for. Ultimately you might have to prioritize between size and "look". My guess is you might do better "athletically" with implants between 300 - 350cc, though this might only get you into that B/C range. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

400 ccs Will Increase Your Breast Size About 2 Cups

+1

If your rib cage is a 30, then your bra size would be between a 34 and 36.  Depending on whether you are truly an A or an AA, 400 ccs will take you up to a medium to full C.  Therefore, 400 ccs should equal your requested size of C cup.  One note of interest - there is no standardization of cup sizes in the bra industry, therefore, when I say C cup, I am referring to the old fashioned 1980's C, not the Victoria Secret cups.  Whether 400 ccs is too large, too small, or just right depends on your perception.  I have my patients try on well fitting bras and a tight T-shirt in my Honolulu office, and then look in the mirror.  Many of them take pictures with their smart phones, and take these home to review.  Implants in a bra are about 15% larger than the same implant under your skin and muscle. 

The actual final size is for you to determine based on appearance during implant size measuring at your surgeon's office. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon