I don't have the scar around my belly button but it's very big and bulgy after a Tummy Tuck. Will this change? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck procedure 7 weeks ago. My doctor used a different technic for the belly button where the is no scar on the outside ( she also used a technic that no drains where used) Now my belly button is very large and looks like a donut. I would like your advise on if you think this will change?

Bulgy belly button after abdominoplasty

+1
You are not very far out from surgery, so there may be some decrease in the fullness with time, although i doubt that there will be very much.  This can be improve by trimming the umbilical skin.  This may result in a little more scarring but it can be hidden quite effectively.

Your doctor is familiar with her technique

+1
Only your surgeon knows the details of her operative technique and therefore she is the person who should be advising you as to when the swelling will subside.  In general seven weeks is still earlly in the healing process.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

+1
It is too early to judge on the final outcome. Your belly button seems to be within normal, slightly swollen.
I recommend sharing your concern with your surgeon and adhering to your follow ups. Should any revision is warranted for this, it can be mostly done under local anesthesia. Good luck.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS