What surgery is best for a 25-year-old male post weight loss and working out (body lift, tummy tuck etc...)? (Photos)

I am a 6'3", 25 yr old male, who as a teen was very heavy. At my heaviest I was 250 lbs. Through exercise and an unhealthy diet I lost 50lbs in just under 2 months right before my 18th birthday. Through 2 years of college, 4.5yrs of military. I have maintained between 182-210 lbs. I work out and eat healthy and often get discouraged from working out due to the fact that without surgery I cannot get where I want. My stomach, flanks, lower back and just below the waist are my problems.

What surgery is best for a 25-year-old male post weight loss and working out (body lift, tummy tuck etc...)?

+1
A short scar skin excision in the lower abdomen with liposuction of the sides appears to be a reasonable option based upon the pictures.

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great and should be extremely proud of your accomplishments. IMHO you need to have a mini-tummy tuck with a limited scar way down near the pubic area. In addition, you could benefit greatly from liposculpture of the "love handles" to taper the area. Be cautious if it is suggested that you have a more invasive procedure(s). Always seek out an opinion from a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck

BTW- great photos, I wish all patients would take the time to submit great photos like these. It make evaluations much more accurate.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Best procedure for 25 year old post weight loss

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Congratulation on the weight loss. You are in great shape and unfortunately left with excess skin from significant weight loss. The only way to get rid of the excess skin is to excise it. It appears as though you may not need a full tummy tuck, but rather just an excision of the excess skin below the belly button. In addition, some liposuction of the flanks and lower back would be beneficial. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD