I don't have a 'square jaw' but am looking to take in or slim the sides of my face? (photo)

Will masseter Botox injections do the trick? I don't want to taper in my lower jaw too much because I have wide cheekbones and I think it would look disproportioned? But is there a way to inject the botox to address more of the upper/middle areas of the masseter muscles?

Botox for masseter reduction

+1

The degree with which the masseter is reduced can be controlled during treatment with Botox, the shape of the tapering is more a product of the shape of your mandible (jawbone) and the shape of your masseter muscle. For your face, masseter reduction with Botox would give a nice tapering of your jawline without distorting your facial proportions.

Botox , masseter muscle, square jaw

+1

hello ajkim, Botox injections can be used to slim/reshape the lower cheeks. An actual clinical exam , would be needed to decide whether the injections will accomplish what you are looking for. Filler injections in the upper outer cheeks might be an option, just by looking at the photos.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Jaw shaping

+1
Based on your picture I would think that Botox injection to the masseter muscles is the way to go if you want to achieve a subtle effect. Botox can be injected into the muscle safely in the lower portion but an expert injector has to inject more superiorly given the close relationship with other muscles of the face.
Mandible bone contouring is also an option and the procedure can be "dosed" in order to avoid excessive heart-shapiness of your faceless. Just that you know reshaping the cheekbones is also a possibility if you want that done. Hope this helps!

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon