Why Don't I See Any Difference in my Body 6 Weeks After Liposuction and Why Am I Heavier on the Scales? (photo)

I had tumescent liposuction on my abdomen, flanks, hips and waist 6 weeks ago. I am still swollen today and have read that nearly 80% of the swelling goes down by 6 weeks time. I am unhappy with my shape. I still feel a little soreness around the area but I am worried that more than swelling, the doctor has not taken out enough fat. I also weighed myself yesterday and am 55 kilograms. 2 more kilos than I was pre op. I have been exercising and avoiding extremely unhealthy foods and so I am worried!

Liposuction results

+1
At six weeks postop, I would expect to see a difference, more in than in terms of weight loss. The question is how much fat was removed in your procedure. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. You had four areas treated but the question is how well that was done and also whether you wore a compression garment afterwards.

Six weeks after liposuction

+1

At six weeks after liposuction the results should show a bit.  It will take longer than this to see the final results. The weight usually comes off when the swelling goes away.

You should see a difference 6 weeks after liposuction

+1

If you are 6 weeks out you should see a difference.  I place my patients in compression and it needs to be worn for six weeks.  The first 2 weeks it is 24/7.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Liposuction and weight change.

+1

Liposuction will remove a little weight.  5 liters of fat equal 10 lbs.   This takes 6 to 12 weeks to show on the scales.  Early on you may weigh more because of swelling.   Eventualy the 10 lbs or whatever will show.  If it never shows, it means you have gained weight.  Be vigilant.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about Liposuction Results at 6 Weeks

+1

You still have significant swelling, but you should not think that liposuction is a weight loss procedure.  I would ask your plastic surgeon how much was suctioned.  If the amount was 5 liters or close to it, this is the maximum that can be suctioned in an outpatient setting.  If the amount was well under, it may reasonable to do a revision at 6 months, if you are still unhappy.

Why Don't I See Any Difference in my Body 6 Weeks After Liposuction and Why Am I Heavier on the Scales?

+1

Very unusual to see no changes. are you sure the surgeon removed lipped fats?? As for OR records to review and obtain a second opinion.