Don't Know What to Do? My Ps Suggested 14.5 Width, 6.6 Projection Mod+ 775-800cc That Scares Me?

5"5 140lbs very athletic, lots of running and jumping, lifting weights that's my job! Breast fed 3 children 34b saggy but no lift needed say my ps I don't want to look huge a D is what I want, I want them filled up and not looking like omg her boobs r huge! The 775-800 cc just freak me out cuz it sound so big? Help

Implant Sizing

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Proper Implant Selection

+1

I would caution against implants this large.  Generally speaking,larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Large breast implants WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THIS???

+1

Hi..On the surface of your statements, it seems that these implants are MUCH too large.  Did you give your ps information or review pictures that allowed for this suggestion?  These implants are for very few patients but certainly for some.   I personally show MANY pictures to patients to insure that the proper implants are chosen.  This size is on the high end of what is available in silicone and just about the largest in the saline category.  For a mom of 3, you will be not only noticed but when you add this volume to your present breast volume, these will be very large breasts.  With you being athletic also, this is usually not the size implant chosen.  Get other opinions and make sure of your choice.  It would be uncommon for a ps just to suggest this size unless you gave him/her a reason to go so big.  Good luck with your augmentation.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Ridiculously large

+1

I don't need a picture to say that a 750CC implant is ridiculously large given your dimensions. Unless you are looking to enter a new profession, I suggest you get a 2nd opinion. As a mother of 3 children you deserve a great result. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

B to a D How Much Volume

+1

In the largest women, 250 cc may be one cup size.  500 cc may be appropriate but 800 cc would be at least 3 cup sizes if not 4.

Extremely Large Implants

+1

800cc implants are extremely large, about as large as are even made. I would not recommend this size. They will look quite large and disproportionate. Also, I always advise my patients with implants of this size that the sagging risk is extremely high. Patients would rather have large perky breasts than extremely large sagging breasts.

Michael Horn, MD

Implant size

+1

Yikes!  I'm scared, too.  Implants that size are absolutely humongoid and I strongly advise against it. A reasonable implant size is 350 to 400 for most women. If you do not need a lift currently and go with 800 cc implants, you WILL need a lift because the implants will drag your breasts down to your knees.  I am not kidding, 800 cc's is absolutely ridiculous!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Big implants for an athletic lady...

+1

Wow - those are big - about the biggest ones we can use!

The average size we use is about half of that volume.  If your skin is really loose and droopy, I would recommend picking out the size you really want and getting a breast lift - if that is needed, rather than getting a really large implant in an attempt to "fill up" loose skin.  Typically, that fill up effect doesn't last long before the skin stretches out again.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Athletic and busty?

+1

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you are very athletic and a very large breast cup might not be the best thing for your lifestyle. Consider getting a few more consults and then decide - good luck, Dr. Aldo Guerra.

Aldo Guerra, MD

800 cc implants are huge! and heavy

+1

From your description of your body size and shape implants in the 775 to 800 cc range seem to be very large and definitely at the high end of the spectrum.  An 800 cc implant weighs almost 2 pounds.  Can you imaging what your breasts will look like in 2 years if your skin and soft tissue can not support such a large implant?  In general you can expect the breasts to increase a cup size for everfy 175 to 250 cc of implant volume.  From your measurements it would seem that to be a D you would be in the 400 cc range.  We use the Vectra 3D imaging system to help our patients determine breast implant size and shape and our patients have been very happy with this technology.