I Don't Know if my Nose is Broken, but I Have Bleeding Still Since the Incident...

I was recently hit in the nose, it bled tremendously. And continues to bleed here and there. It has been 3 days since. And also by looking up my nose I had notice a piece of something hanging in the back of my nostril. What is this? Is my nose broken, and what should I do about the continuous bleeding from time to time?

Broken nose

+1

It sounds like a nasal fracture is a possibility. An examination by a plastic surgeon or ENT should be done to determine what is going on. they will be able to determine what it is hanging inside your nose. Also, since it continues to bleed, this is another reason to have it evaluated. You may need to have your nose packed for a few days to stop the bleeding.

Continuous Bleeding after Nasal Fracture

+1

You need to have a nasal examination to determine if you did fracture your nose. Continuous bleeding may be secondary to a tear in the nasal lining. A collection of blood in the nose (a hematoma) could cause permanent damage in your nose. Consult with a specialist as soon as possible.

Injury to nose and bleeding

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without examining your nose – you should discuss your concerns with a doctor, sooner than later

Sam Naficy, MD

Nasal fracture?

+1

If you think that you ahd a nasal fracture, then you shoudl get evaluated.   An intranasal exam is as important as evaluating any external deviation from nasal bone fractures and septal deviations.