I don't like my nose I feel like it's to wide, and I don't know what nose shape would fit me either. Suggestions? (photo)

Need more photos to fully assess

+1
Dear ClaudiaMarie07, It is not possible to give you a full assessment with the simple frontal photo. It would be helpful to see your profile and obliques; however, I can see that I agree that your nose is a bit wide and the tip could be refined in a natural and not operated-appearing nose. I see you are young. You look healthy and otherwise have good facial structure and balance and would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty. The best thing is to find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Were you my patient we would take your full set of photographs and then do computer imaging to see what kind of appearance you could anticipate. I hope this is of help. Robert D. Wilcox, M.D.

Surgery for Wide Nose

+1
Rhinoplasty is commonly performed to narrow a wide nose, however if your "width" is due to thick skin as opposed to wide bone or cartilage, this can be more challenging. Consult with an exprienced facial plastic surgeon who can perform computer imaging to show you what is possible. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide Nose Surgery

+1
For a more thorough assessment, we will also need your oblique and side view photos, however, from your front view photos, I can note a few things:
  • board bridge
  • bulbous tip with no definition
  • thick skin at the tip
  • relatively flaring alar
All these features may be improved by refinement rhinoplasty. The good news is that thick skin can also be corrected during this surgery.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for Wide Nose

+1
Your wide nose can be narrowed and the bulbous tip refined by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. I need to see a full set of nasal pictures. Go to my website for instructions on pictures to be submitted for nasal evaluation.

I don't like my nose I feel like it's to wide, and I don't know what nose shape would fit me either. Suggestions?

+1
The nose can be made smaller and the tip refined through a closed rhinoplasty approach.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty for wide nose

+1
Thick skin on the tip will be an impediment to getting a very narrow result from a rhinoplasty. Medial and lateral osteotomies are required to narrow the nasal bones. Tip suturing techniques on the lower lateral cartilages and the nasal tip will narrow and refine the tip cartilages.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous nasal tip

+1
You have a bulbous nasal tip.  This is because your nasal tissues are thick.  Rhinoplasty will improve the heaviness but will be limited by your tissue characteristics.  Expect improvement but not perfection.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose and tip.

+1
Rhinoplasty for the wide nose and tip. You should choose a VERY experienced rhinoplasty surgeon since you have a short nose and do not want to end up with a "piggy" nose which often happens when your surgeon makes the tip smaller. 

What nose shape would fit me?

+1
Based on your photo and your concerns about the anatomy of your nose, it can be cosmetically improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing nasal surgery.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on seeing limited 2 dimensional photos and without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon