I Don't Have a Jawline? (photo)

I've always had a weak chin/jawline and it's only getting worse.. I've had braces to try and correct my overjet, with little to no improvement. I have a very gummy smile and my face seems droopy. I'm not so self conscious about my smile as I am my chin. I hate my profile! After researching a bit, I want to know which is the quickest, LEAST expensive, most satisfying procedure: - Mentoplasty/Chin implant - Orthognathic surgery - Liposuction of the chin

Chin Implant and Neck Liposuction for Significant Profile Improvement

+2

The easiest and less expensive option for you to get a jawline is a combination of a chin implant and neck liposuction. That will produce two positive movements in different directions (chin forward, neck up and back) which, when done together, will make for a dramatic profile improvement.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Chin implant and neck left

+2

When there is extensive fat in the neck is usually deposited in 2 locations. These 2 locations are sub-mental and sub-platysmal. Both  fatty deposits will need to be removed with a combination of  Liposuction and surgical sculpting of the sub-platysmal fat out from underneath the platysma muscle. A platysma-plasty will be required to give a better jawline definition. A chin implant is inserted in front of the chin to give more projection and increase the definition of the jawline as well. Both procedures are complementary to each other.  Please see the link below for examples of chin implant and neck lift combination in our practice

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos.html

Based on your photo, you may be a candidate for Chin Implant Surgery and Neck Liposuction.

+2

I read your note and reviewed your photo, which is somewhat limited.

In select patients, dramatic improvement may be achieved with well-performed Chin Implant and Neck Liposuction Surgery. Surgery takes around an hour, and social activities are typically resumed in around 7 days.

You may benefit from consulting several reputable facial plastic surgeons to see what might be best for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4241

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

No jawline

+2

You might be able to get away with lipo, a chin implant and radiofrequency to the under jaw/ high neck area.  This would be the least costly.  The issue of genioplasty needs to be assessed with an in-person exam of your teeth and occlusion (your bite) and x-rays. -All the best. 

Web reference: http://www.facialinstitute.com

Least expensive vs best result

+1

You would certainly benefit from chin augmentation and this combined with some sub-mental liposuction would indeed improve the area. That being said the BEST procedure for you (without examining you) would be a chin implant with a sub-mentoplasty. This would include sub-muscular fat removal and re-draping of the skin. So don't consider just the least expensive option. Consider the option that will actually improve your problem area the best and with the longest term results

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best approach to a weak jawline depends on the individual.

+1

It is difficult to make a complete assessment based on your photograph alone.  It does appear that you could benefit from some chin augmentation and a combination approach will probably yield the best results.  I would recommend a visit to a local facial specialist to get your best recommendations.   Here are some of the things they will need to address:

1.  If you have a severe overbite you will best off with orthognathic surgery.

2.  If your teeth align normally a chin implant will be preferred (and easier recovery).

3. Some method of sculpting under the chin will be helpful.  The degree of improvement and best options depend on your anatomy and what other procedures you are having done.   Options include liposuction, Ultherapy, And RF treatments.  

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Don't Have a Jawline?

+1

I think that a chin implant and chin liposuction is a powerful combination that can help define your jawline and chin.  These are quicker and less expensive than other methods.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Implant.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.