Ask a doctor

I don't know what I should do? Is it fat or loose skin on my face? (Photo)

I'm 19 years old skinny boy but my face is not skinny at all ..I feel like I don't have a tight muscle around my cheek and upper lips and corners of my mouth and when ever I smile it's like a fake and not firmed

Doctor Answers (3)

Don't see any evidence for surgical treatment to this young face.

The photograph is limited but I don't see any specific problems. When you generate facial expression the skin will banding kind. When the expression is relaxed your skin is recovering nicely.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Consultation and examination needed

It is very difficult to give an answer with these photographs. I would suggest consulting with a surgeon for a proper diagnosis to see if you have any abnormalities with your skin. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 127 reviews

No Fat

It's difficult to evaluate your situation with those photos but you do not appear to have a problem with fat. There are syndromes which have abnormal stretching of the skin as a feature but you don't really look like that either. You should discuss your concerns with an experienced plastic surgeon and don't be offended if they suggest a referral to a psychologist. If you're spending more than a couple of minutes a day studying your mouth and smile, DO NOT have surgery until you discuss this with a psychologist.

Donald Kress, MD
Frederick Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.