I Dont Have Enough Fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift and I Lack Hips, Could I Get Implants AND Fat Transferred to my Hips?

Buttock & Hip Augmentation Options

+1

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere.   There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation (and Hip Augmentation too for that matter): 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs causing serious problems breathing. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred.  This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflamation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  I prefer to insert the implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%.  Hope this helps…RAS

Buttock Implants

+1

If there is not enough fat for both the hips and the buttocks, then one can have a buttock implant for buttock enhancement  and the fat that can be harvested to build the hips. Such combination will achieve the wider hips, and the buttock enhancement you seek.

Combined Buttock Implants with Fat Injections

+1

A combination buttock  implant and fat injections can be done for those women who do not have enough for fat for injection augmentation alone. Unlike traditional fat injections which are placed into the muscle as much as possible, they should be largely confined to the subcutaneous space when done in conjunction with an implant. There is likely some increased infection risk when these procedures are combined.  Another approach to consider is to first have buttock implants  placed and then see if the result justifies additional augmentation.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD