Kelo Cote Gel?

Is it safe to use Kelo-Cote gel on scarring under breasts?. Recently had implant removal. Thank you for all replies

Kelo-Cote Gel?

+2

This is one of a number of useful products, and one I have recommended to many patients. I would only caution to begin its use after the incision is completely closed. One week is usually OK unless there is any drainage.  or obvious areas that are still open.

Thanks, best wishes.

Kelo Cote and other Silicone Products for Scars After Implant Removal

+1

Any of these silicone products can be used when the scars are healed without any stitches or open areas.

Breast implant removal and scar care

+1

Following any breast surgery, including breast implant removal, it is of significant benefit to use topical medications to help improve the subsequent scar appearance.  The topicals which can help include silicone scar gels - Kelo-Cote, ScarGuard, etc., topical hydrocortizone - Cortaid, etc., and topical moisturizers and sunblocks.  Check with your surgeon when it would be appropriate for you to start the topicals and which they would recommend in your case.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon