What procedure is best for me? I lost over 100 pounds and now have a lot of loose skin. (Photo)

I lost over 100 pounds by working out and eating right but now my skin is loose what is best for me..

Usually a combination of body contouring procedures is best after weight loss.

+1
It’s hard to say which body contouring surgeries are best for you without knowing exactly where your problem spots are. Typically, post-weight loss body contouring includes a tummy tuck, thigh/body lift and sometimes an arm lift as well. In some cases, liposuction may be included for fine-tuning, and many women will opt for a breast lift and implants, while others may choose a breast lift and reduction. My suggestion is to schedule a consultation with a body contouring specialist to discuss your concerns and see which options he or she recommends after meeting you in person.

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Options

+1
Thank you for your question. First, congratulations on an awesome job of losing weight. I would recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified PS for an in person evaluation. He/she will be better able to discuss options at that time, as well as answer any questions you may have about the procedures, post op instructions, and costs. You should also ask to see before and after pictures of patients with similar issues. Good luck

Thomas A. Cochran, Jr, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss contouring

+1
Congratulation on your weight loss.  Its impossible to give you recommendations without a formal physical exam.  A common first line of attack for patients who have lost weight is a body lift procedure. Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy = lower body lift. This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation). A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations. Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What procedure is best for me? I lost over 100 pounds and now have a lot of loose skin.

+1
Congratulations on your 100 pounds of healthy weight loss!  Unfortunately, losing that amount of weight can leave you with a lot of loose skin but that is something that can be fixed.  There are several different options to choose from.  It all depends on how much excess skin you have.  I would need to see some photos your body wearing only underwear taken from all angles to determine which procedure(s) would be best for you to achieve your weight loss goal.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Managing loose skin after 100lbs weight loss

+1
Congratulations on your accomplishment of losing over 100lbs with diet and exercize.  After many years of performing body lifts, I have found that the loose skin is mostly around the abdomen, flanks, legs, arms and breasts.  It is best for you to decide which area(s) bother you the most, and come up with a wish list . Then it's important that you seek advise from a plastic surgeon who has considerable experience with massive weight loss (MWL) patients.
There are many good procedures, but you will need to consult a plastic surgeon to get a realistic idea of what to do when. Hope that helps!

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon