I Am Having a Bbl in 2 Weeks. In a Few Months I Want to Get Cellulaze on Back of my Legs is This Ok? (photo)

I am having a bbl in 2 weeks (May 14th) in the Domincan Republic. In July I will be visiting the states ans want to get cellulaze to the back of my legs to correct cellulite. Is it safe to do cellulaze so soon after having lipo/bbl?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Laser Cellulite Treatment After BBL

+1

Thank you for your question. Unless you are having liposuction in the area affected by cellulite, it would be safe to have a cellulite treatmnet several months later. I would recommend delaying your cellulite treatment for a minimum of 3-6 months if you are having liposuction around the areas of  cellulite. I would avoid any laser cellulite treatment to the buttocks proper as over treatment can lead to buttock drooping...which you are trying to correct.  Further, the effectiveness of laser cellulite treatments can be affected with the scarring associated with liposuction. Discuss this matter further with your surgeon.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze

+1

I would recommend you evaluate Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulaze after Liposuction and Fat Transfer for BBL

+1

If you have cellulite in the same areas where you will being treated with Liposuction or Fat Transfer, it is best to wait at least 3-6 months before you have Cellulaze performed. It is important to let your body heal before you have treatment in the same areas. When performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, Cellulaze is a great treatment for reduction of cellulite. If the fat is placed deeply in the buttocks during your BBL, subsequent Cellulaze treatment, after several months, in the buttocks should not be a problem. I encourage you to speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns.