Doming Areola After Gynecomastia Surgery

I am a male of 33 years old I have had gynecomastia surgery done 7 months ago I had the gland and the fat removed and the results are brilliant but my left areola is doming slightly and when I am cold the areola gets erect and stick out half an inch and its hurts and it is like hard rock can anyone please tell me why it is doming and what can I have done to stop it sticking out Thank you

Male breast reduction and residual tissue

+4

Residual breast tissue directly under the areola is common following male breast reduction for gynecomastia.  Revision can usually be accomplished under local anesthesia in the office. Perhaps you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Prominent Areola After Gynecomastia Surgery

+2

The fact that your areola swells upward like a dome suggests that its nerve supply was not interrupted by the surgery and that you MAY have enough residual breast gland of fat under the areola to push it forward. I would discuss this with your surgeon. He may be able to correct it with an office procedure.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Many causes.

+1

It could be due to incomplete excision of the gland, scar tissue build-up, thick areola with a strong internal muscle, swelling  and not quite healed yet.  In any event it is easily correctable.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Revision surgery after gynecomastia

+1

You may have excess skin underneath the areola.  This can be revised right in the office under local anesthesia.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS