What Should I Do? Acne Since 2005, Losing Hope? (photo)

im 23 old..i have acne problem since 2005..i tried different medications..bt still nothing changed...i have some small holes not that deep,as if it has eaten my skin its only on my chicks..last week i went hospital they told me to choose between chemical peeling and mesotherapy for face...i still dont know whats best for me...im tired.please help me...

Hello

+1

In our practice we do Profractional Laser and Micro laser peel to help minimize acne scarring. We cannot guarantee it wills remove 100% of your scars, but it will definitely make a huge difference. If you’re looking for something a little more aggressive you can also do a mini face lift to stretch out your skin making the acne scars less visible. Without an exam it’s hard to be more exact.

Help for acne and scars

+1

You can get help for both your acne and scars. The photos are coming through rather fuzzy but it looks like you still have some new cysts. If so, then you need to get them under control first. You are an excellent candidate for accutane as far as cystic acne goes and if you fit in the other categories than that would be a drug that should stop new lesions from forming. If you do not get any new lesions or if/when you are 6 months post accutane(if that is what you choose) then you would be a good candidate for laser therapy or even old fashioned dermabraision. I would see a good dermatologist because they can get you through this in the right way.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Acne scarring

+1

I think there are definitely several options to improve your scarring.  A fractionated laser such as Fraxel would be a good place to start.  In addition, CROSS chemical peeling could be used in problem areas.  It's going to take several treatments but I think a very noticeable improvement could be achieved.  I assume you are no longer breaking out with active acne because that needs to be brought under control first.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon