Do I Have Dog Ears? (photos)

I had a full tummy tuck, lipo of the flanks and transfer of fat to butt. I now have bulges on both sides. My Dr. is telling me its fat and to lose weight. I tired losing weight in to passed and still had a big stomach. Plus I asked him and paid him to put the fat in my butt. My butt is still flat. Not to mention my belly button won't heal. He told me I will need lipo and thats extra. I went to 5 different surgeons before picking him. He wasn't the cheapest but made me feel comfortable.

No dog ears

+2

but you do show some redundancies that could be addressed if you do not improve with time.  If you had liposuction of your flanks, it should have addressed the fullness that you see.  And your surgeon should be more sympathetic to your position since I presume you paid quite a bit for this.  If your weight has not increased from your date of surgery, its not because of your weight but more a reflection of what was done surgically.  Know what your surgeon's revision policy is as its likely you will be seeking some.

Do I Have Dog Ears?

+2

There is a difference but it is not to your liking. Sorry for your issues. But I do not see a dog ear. 

Dog ears

+1

Dear BlessedisKristy, dog ears are pointy deformities at the very end of your incissions and you don't have that.  You do have bulges in both sides but they are certainly smaller than they were before.  Your buttocks don't look augmented and your tummy looks pretty bulgy still.  It is also true that you weren't a great candidate for this surgery because you were greatly overweight so a poor candidate will generally render a poor result.  Loosing weight will benefit you greatly and your results will geartly improve, I've seen it many times when my patients make my good results turn awesome after they work hard at the gym.

It's very easy to critisize somebody else's work but If you had been my patient I would be dissapointed with the results regarding the residual bulge of your tummy, the prominence of the sides and your failed buttuck augmentation, if anything you had plenty  material to give you a full buttock augmentation.  As far as the tummy sometimes the failure to correct the bulge is because the patient has a lot of fat around the organs inside the abdomen which cannot be removed, so no matter how much the muscles are tightened the tummy will still bulge.  The sides can always be liposuctioned again if they don't go away once swelling is gone which may take 3 to 6 months.  The belly button worries me a little bit because the longer it takes to heal the worse the scar will be but good wound care will make that heal promptly.  Dr. Brou

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Dog Ears After Surgery? #tummytuck

+1

I do not appreciate that you have any dog ears in the photos that you show. If your goals were not achieved the best thing you can do is assess whether or not you can live with your results. If not you should either see if your surgeon feels anything more can be done to better your results. Fat transfer to the butt is difficult. Usually it takes a couple of times to get enough fat to live. In my experience usually there is a lack of communication between what you thought you could get for a result and what was realistic to achieve by the surgeon. Just be open and honest and ask if this is the best you could have gotten or can more be done. In the end if you feel another opinion is warranted go see another surgeon. I know that is frustrating, but it is the only way to see if you have gotten the best result possible. Plastic surgery is all about managing expectations...what is possible compared to what a patient desires. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Not dog ears just excess fat

+1

You do not have dog ears after your abdominoplasty.  You had a very large abdominal apron and there is some extra fat of your flanks.  I would agree with weight loss and liposuction of these areas in the future.  

Do I Have Dog Ears?

+1

No, you still have a large amount of fat on your stomach and waist area. This could be removed with liposuction and the fat placed into your buttocks. Wait at least 6 months following your tummy tuck before having the liposuction.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have Dog Ears?

+1

You do not appear to have dog ears.  I do see what you mean about your buttocks.  I would ask your surgeon how much fat was transferred to your buttocks and to what areas.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts  and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Dog ears

+1

You don't have dog ears, but do have residuel fullness. You were also quite heavy to start with,making an excellent result difficult. Your buttocks don't to have been augmented a lot. This is either due to too little fat being transferred or not enough fat being suctioned from the right spots. Discuss this again with your surgeon or obtain another consultation.

Goon luck

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon