Dog Bite Scar on Cheek, for About 12 Years, Can Surgery Help?

i got bit by a dog on my cheek its been there for about 12 years now, its been bothering me laitly. Everyone asks me about it, im sick of it. Could surgery help, or make it worse than it is?

Scar on Cheek from Dog Bite

+1

It really depends on the nature of the scar. A scar revision and/or laser treatments can help improve the appearance of the scar. An examination would be necessary to provide you with any additional advice. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question.

Dog bite scar on cheek

+1

Dog bite scars are tough because they tend to be jagged.  An in-person consultation would need to be done to assess if a scar revision could be done by removing the old scar versus some sort of skin resurfacing with laser or micropuncture device. In most cases there is some treatment of benefit.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon