Dog Bite on Nose

Hi , You can call me Y2 and I'm 26 years old. Three years ago I was bitten by a dog on my nose. I got seven stitches from the left side of my nose going across the bridge of my nose then over to the right side of my nose. They also put a stitch in the tip of my nose. I noticed a couple of posts about different treatments. They attempted to re-cut open the scar and re stitch to adjust the width of the scar. I also had 5 fraxel procedures done. What if any would be my best next procedure to do?

Dog Bite Nose Scar Treatment

+1

Dear UnSure18 in Illinois,

As other plastic surgeons have stated, treatment for nasal scars may include excising the scar to narrow the width & reduce its depression. Dermabrasion of the scar at several weeks may then be required to further improved the appearance. Speak with a plastic surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. C

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/reconstructive-surgery/mole-removal.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dog Bite on Nose

+1

Thanks for the photo. I would try a re excision and w-plasty closure followed by dermabrasion in 2 to 3 months. Did the Fraxel help? I guess not. Best of luck. 

Scar revision, dermabrasion for depressed dog bite scar. Here's the reason why ....

+1

Dear Y2, From the single photo you've included, your scar appears widened and slightly depressed. I don't think that any laser treatments will help with this. Typically this requires cutting out the scar and meticulously closing the wound with no tension. Dermabrasion (sanding of the skin, not MICROdermabrasion) at 6 weeks can help further camouflage the new scar. I think this will be very pleasing for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/scar-treatments/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon