8 Days Post Septorhinoplasty, Feel Movement and Clicking?

I had a septorhinoplasty done 8 days ago and im starting to feel like there move Inside the upper portion of the nose. When I tilt to the side I feel it move and make a clicking sound. However when I stretch my forhead skin upwards and tighten the cast it doesn't move, what should I do and would this affect my healing process.

Clicking after Rhinoplasty

+1

It's hard to know what that means at this time. It is not unusual to get some clicking sounds due to scar tissue after a rhinoplasty. It is unlikley that it is the bones still moving unless you are pulling on the cast with quite a bit of force. It is more likely that the clicking is not anything to be concerned about at this time. I would certainly mention it to your surgeon at your next follow up visit. In the meantime, I would leave your cast alone.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Movement and Clicking 8 days after septorhinoplasty

+1

I think its very wrong in the first place for you to try to displace and thereby distort your nose at this time when tissue are still healing in the depth.For such patients I normally reapply the nasal splint after 7 days for additional 7 days and If I fear return of swelling I advise use of nasal splint at night for next 2 weeks.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Clicking after septorhinoplasty

+1

Clicking one week after rhinoplasty surgery is difficult to place exactly without knowing what was done in surgery, and without an exam. Best to ask or see your surgeon.

Healing

+1

Better keep the nasal cast in place and follow-up with your Cosmetic Surgeon.  The frontal process of the Maxilla may be trying to heal after osteotomies.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon