Does Ultrasound Work for Cellulite?

I've been reading a lot about cellulite recently, and I'm trying to understand it better. What do you think about using ultrasound for cellulite? If indeed the main cause of cellulite is reduced circulation (caused by enlarged fat cells), then, does it make sense to use ultrasound on areas where fat deposits?

From what I have read on physiotherapy sites, ultrasound machines promote healthy circulation and tissue conditions by venous stimulation, so it improves tissue vascularisation. I know their main purpose is for muscle injury, however. I have seen (through web searches) that some clinics are using Ultrasound for cellulite, but it doesn't get much publicity and is not as common as procedures like Endermologie or Lipodissolve. So, I'm wondering, what do the experts on this site think? Thanks for your time.

Multimodal Therapy can help erradicate cellulite when appropriiately applied

+2

n my practice I have found that the only way to improve cellulite is to attack it with several different noninvasive technologies to contract and smooth at different depths. I call it Maercks Multimodal Therapy or MMT. I have never seen any one technology have an impressive effect on its own. Remember for most interventions, who performs the procedure and how they do it is more important than a brand name!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/mmt.html

Ultrasound has no effect on cellulite.

+2

Ultrasound does not effect cellulite-period.  I'm not sure that there is any particularly good treatment for the irregulariteis referred to as "cellulite".  I have used laser liposuction and there might be some improvement but it certainly does not eliminate the problem.  External treatments such as endermologie, Thermage, and so forth are ineffectual-a ripoff.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag.php?ID=20

Cellulite Treatment

+1

I would recommend you evaluate Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulaze to cure cellulite

+1

The best way to treat cellulite is Cellulaze. Cellulaze is a minimally invasive procedure to smooth and tighten the skin to keep it cellulite-free.

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you are looking for a long-lasting treatment for cellulite, consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Fat and Cellulite Treatment with Ultrasound Technology

+1

Hi Renee,

Ultrasound technology may be the "next big thing" in the management of fat and cellulite. I know that there are multiple technologies being used outside of the United States, as well as some beta test sites in the US.

I have not heard of any being approved for use in the US just yet. I have heard of a few "problems" that have occurred overseas with ultrasound technology that has held up its approval.

In theory it sounds great and will likely be wonderful once all of the kinks are worked out. As with any new and cutting edge technology it is essential that it is both safe and effective. Stay tuned; I am sure that we will be hearing much more about the treatment of fat and cellulite with ultrasound technology. Be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.