Restylane Lips - Does It Work?

Is it possible to inject Restylane into lips and what are those results like? Will it be obvious that I've had work done: "Restylane lips" or similar comments from people (like with collagen)?

Restylane enhances lips

Restylane, Juvederm, and other injectable filler materials can effectively enhance the size and shape of one's lips. These are temporary fillers which need to be reinjected in order to maintain the desired result.

461 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016

Does Restylane work for lips?

If you are a candidate Restylane works beautifully. If you are not a good candidate, you coud get pouty lips.

To find out, hold your mouth slightly open with slack jaw. If your front teeth show more than a couple millimeters, you are good to go. If can't see your upper front teeth, you would get a better result from a lip lift.

Check out the video below to see if you are a candidate, and check the link for more info on lip lift.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

1300 Bellona Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21093

Most patients are VERY happy...

Hyaluronic acid fillers are usually the treatment of choice for lip augmentation.Injectable fillers in this category include Juvederm, Restylane, and Perlane.Hyaluronic acid fillers have several advantages including ease of injection and a smooth soft appearance with minimal potential for nodularity.
Hyaluronic acid fillers typically last for 6 to 9 months.It’s also important to realize that hyaluronic acid fillers have the added advantage of reversibility.When the lips are too prominent, they can be treated with the enzyme hyaluronidase to reverse the process.
The vast majority of patients who undergo Restylane lip injections are happy with the result.If you’re considering lip augmentation it’s important to consult a specialist.This specialist should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan for this problem.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

"Restylane Lipp" works

I think that hialuronic acid fillers like "Restylane Lipp"(Galderma-QMed) or "Juvederm Smile"(Allergan) are good options when someone wants to enhance one's lips. In most patients both of them work well. But not everybody is an ideal candidate.

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Palacio Sota Gran Vía 45, 1
Bilbao, Bizkaia (Basque Country) 48011

Restylane is great for fuller, luscious lips

Restylane and juvederm are a great option for fuller, luscious lips. Most patients require 1-2 syringes for best results. The downtime is minimal and results last for 6-9 months.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

5 East 98th Street
New York, New York 10029

It works

restylane works, however I think juvaderm is a better product. If it is done right, you should have a beautiful result with either.

Adil Ceydeli, MD
Panama City Plastic Surgeon

1702 Ohio Avenue
Lynn Haven, FL 32444

Restylane for lips

Restylane does indeed work for lip augmentation, but it depends on what you might want for your lip shape, the amount of augmentation, and the longevity of the results.  The shape and augmentation amount are tailorable in the hands of an experienced, competent, and diligent physician.  Some patients however complain that Restylane does not last long enough in their lips (6 months or less), and they wish for longer acting alternatives, although I have had patients enjoy results lasting a year.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

4785 Dorsey Hall Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21042

Restylane Lips- What does it look like?

As is the case with Botox or any other cosmetic procedure, the answer is "depends who is doing the injections and what your goals are".

Restylane along the vermilion border (lip line) and within the vermilion (pink part) of the lip is a very frequent procedure done with soft-tissue fillers. (We have a before and after on my RealSelf page and others on our website if you want to see examples.) It can give a very nice non-permanent augmentation to the lips and can be done in a very subtle and natural-appearing  fashion.

Andrew Kaufman, MD

267 West Hillcrest Drive
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Restylane Lips - Does It Work?

Regarding:"Restylane Lips - Does It Work?  Is it possible to inject Restylane into lips and what are those results like? Will it be obvious that I've had work done: "Restylane lips" or similar comments from people (like with collagen)?"

Either Restylane or Juvederm is a great way to accentuate and augment the lips as well as fill the lines and wrinkles next to them for an overall young more attractive appearance. The final appearance depends to some extent on the appearance of your lip (much easier to fill a young or middle age lip than an 80 year old thin, in turned lip) and, most importantly, the skill, experience and artistic vision of the person you go to. There are plenty of women who COULD have looked attractive but who instead look like Daisy Duck. Research your physician and you will do well.

Dr. Peter Aldea

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119

Restylane for lip augmentation

Restylane works very well to produce a natural lip augmentation. Like Juvederm (another hyaluronic acid filler), it has a number of benefits. I feel that Juvederm provides a slightly 'softer' result, that appears very natural. For this reason, I will typically rely on this filler for most of my lip augmentations. However, if a patient desires a more 'robust' result, then I choose Restylane. I don't use more permanent fillers, because I have seen some disastrous results. Keep in mind that it is very easy to select the product, but very difficult to achieve an excellent result. Injecting the lip requires not only injecting skill, but an aesthetic eye as well. The injector must anticipate how much swelling has resulted during the injection. And often, injectors with less experience will often overfill the upper lip. For these reasons, it is imperative that you find an injecting physician with a lot of experience in lip augmentation. Good luck with everything.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

2731 Executive Park Drive
Weston, FL 33331