Restylane Lips - Does It Work?

Is it possible to inject Restylane into lips and what are those results like? Will it be obvious that I've had work done: "Restylane lips" or similar comments from people (like with collagen)?

Restylane enhances lips

+3

Restylane, Juvederm, and other injectable filler materials can effectively enhance the size and shape of one's lips. These are temporary fillers which need to be reinjected in order to maintain the desired result.

Does Restylane work for lips?

+2

If you are a candidate Restylane works beautifully. If you are not a good candidate, you coud get pouty lips.

To find out, hold your mouth slightly open with slack jaw. If your front teeth show more than a couple millimeters, you are good to go. If can't see your upper front teeth, you would get a better result from a lip lift.

Check out the video below to see if you are a candidate, and check the link for more info on lip lift.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

"Restylane Lipp" works

+1

I think that hialuronic acid fillers like "Restylane Lipp"(Galderma-QMed) or "Juvederm Smile"(Allergan) are good options when someone wants to enhance one's lips. In most patients both of them work well. But not everybody is an ideal candidate.

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Restylane is great for fuller, luscious lips

+1

Restylane and juvederm are a great option for fuller, luscious lips. Most patients require 1-2 syringes for best results. The downtime is minimal and results last for 6-9 months.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

It works

+1

restylane works, however I think juvaderm is a better product. If it is done right, you should have a beautiful result with either.

Adil Ceydeli, MD
Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for lips

+1

Restylane does indeed work for lip augmentation, but it depends on what you might want for your lip shape, the amount of augmentation, and the longevity of the results.  The shape and augmentation amount are tailorable in the hands of an experienced, competent, and diligent physician.  Some patients however complain that Restylane does not last long enough in their lips (6 months or less), and they wish for longer acting alternatives, although I have had patients enjoy results lasting a year.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Lips- What does it look like?

+1

As is the case with Botox or any other cosmetic procedure, the answer is "depends who is doing the injections and what your goals are".

Restylane along the vermilion border (lip line) and within the vermilion (pink part) of the lip is a very frequent procedure done with soft-tissue fillers. (We have a before and after on my RealSelf page and others on our website if you want to see examples.) It can give a very nice non-permanent augmentation to the lips and can be done in a very subtle and natural-appearing  fashion.

Andrew Kaufman, MD

Restylane Lips - Does It Work?

+1

Regarding:"Restylane Lips - Does It Work?  Is it possible to inject Restylane into lips and what are those results like? Will it be obvious that I've had work done: "Restylane lips" or similar comments from people (like with collagen)?"

Either Restylane or Juvederm is a great way to accentuate and augment the lips as well as fill the lines and wrinkles next to them for an overall young more attractive appearance. The final appearance depends to some extent on the appearance of your lip (much easier to fill a young or middle age lip than an 80 year old thin, in turned lip) and, most importantly, the skill, experience and artistic vision of the person you go to. There are plenty of women who COULD have looked attractive but who instead look like Daisy Duck. Research your physician and you will do well.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Restylane for lip augmentation

+1

Restylane works very well to produce a natural lip augmentation. Like Juvederm (another hyaluronic acid filler), it has a number of benefits. I feel that Juvederm provides a slightly 'softer' result, that appears very natural. For this reason, I will typically rely on this filler for most of my lip augmentations. However, if a patient desires a more 'robust' result, then I choose Restylane. I don't use more permanent fillers, because I have seen some disastrous results. Keep in mind that it is very easy to select the product, but very difficult to achieve an excellent result. Injecting the lip requires not only injecting skill, but an aesthetic eye as well. The injector must anticipate how much swelling has resulted during the injection. And often, injectors with less experience will often overfill the upper lip. For these reasons, it is imperative that you find an injecting physician with a lot of experience in lip augmentation. Good luck with everything.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane and lip augmentation

+1
Yes, both restylane and juvederm can work well in the lips.  As to "what it will look like", it depends on what you want and your lip anatomy.  Some people just want the border zone of the lips filled a little - the so called "Paris" lip.  Some want fullness in the body of the lip.  This is something we always review with our patients, prior to injection.
Either way, it's important not to over-do the amount of filler, and to respect the natural anatomy and proportions of the "beautiful normal" lip shape.

Thomas Fiala, MD