Radiesse for Nasolabial Folds

I am thinking about Radiesse for my nasolabial folds and possibly marionette lines.  Does Radiesse work for these areas?

Radiesse is great for nasolabial folds

+4

I think that Radiesse is great for the nasolabial folds. It will give a long term correction of about 12-18 months. A couple things that are particular to Radiesse is that it:

• Swells more than the other fillers, but this goes away after a couple days
  • Causes slightly more bruising because you have to use a large needle to inject it

I do add lidocaine to the syringe, so it is a fairly comfortable injection. I love Radiesse for the marionette lines. It seems to have more structural support than any other filler and is great to turn a downward corner of the mouth, upward. One syringe of Radiesse is 1.3cc's.

Also, Radiesse corrects about 30% better than Restylane. So, you get about 50-60% more correction per syringe of Radiesse over Restylane. You also get more longevity. So overall, it is the most economical filler.

Radiesse is made of microscopic calcium particles and a gel. The gel will dissolve and leave the particles which cause collagen stimulation. The new collagen is what leads to it's longevity. I sometimes will layer a thinner filler like Juvederm or Restylane on top of the Radiesse. I think of Radiesse as a foundation, and the other 2 as finishers.

Filler for Nasolabial Folds or Cheeks??

+3

Fillers such as Radiesse and Juvederm are used in the nasolabial folds.
Radiesse is usually placed deep and Juvederm is placed more superficial.
Depending on your initial evaluation a person may need to use filler in the cheek area  to enhance the overall appearance and this will make the nasolabial folds less prominent. As you age you lose volume in your face and thus cheek augmentation will improve the aging face.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Does Radiesse work on the nasolabial folds and Marrionette lines?

+3

Yes, Radiesse does work well for the nasolabial folds and marrionette lines and I often use it in these areas however, in patients with thinner skin, the Radiesse is more visible, with smiling, than the somewhat thinner Perlane and for that reason, I prefer Perlane in these areas. 

Radiesse to Nasolabial folds & Marionette lines

+3

Radiesse to the nasolabial, marionette line and even adding volume to cheeks is a great option. I would never suggest useing Radiesse in the lips.Radiesse is a dermal filler that contains tiny Calcuim Hydroxylapatite microspheres suspended in aqueous gel carrier. When its injected it stimulates the body to produce its own natural collagen.

Radiesse for parentheses / nasolabial folds

+3

Radiesse is an excellent solution for rejuvenating the face and blunting the nasolabial lines. When use in conjunction with a small cheek augmentation, the effect is dramatic and youthful. As with any filler, experience is a must to prevent unnecessary complications. The other advantage of Radiesse is that it can last anywhere from 12-18 months, which is significantly longer than Juvederm or Restylane.

Ankit Desai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for nasal labial folds

+3

Radiesse is a great option for those areas. Radiesse is made of microscopic calcium particles and a gel, this allows for a long term correction of about 12 to 18 months.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Radiesse not good for nasolabial folds.

+3

Hi.

1)  We only use Radiesse deeply, in the cheekbone and chin areas.

2)  For nasolabial folds and marionette lines, we use Juvederm or Restylane, depending on the anatomy.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Uses of Radiesse

+3

I have used Radiesse with excellent and long lasting results in the nasolabial fold, cheek bones, and jawline. I have also used it for nose augmentations with natural nice results. I feel that Radiesse is a great deep filler and so should not be used for the lips (higher risk of nodules than hyaluronic acid), and very carefully around the mouth.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Is Radiesse good for nasolabilal folds.

+2

Radiesse is the ideal filler for the nasolabial folds and lasts the longest. It needs to be place deeper than the HA filers.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and Smile Lines

+2

Radiesse is an excellent choice for the nasolabial lines, sometimes referred to as smile lines.  The key here is placement of the product , which if placed in the same manner as Restylane is guaranteed to leave lumpiness.  However, if the product is placed in the right depth, a natural improvement can be seen.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon