Does the Pixel Laser Work on Sun Damage?

I have a lot of brown spots and freckles from sun damage and I was wondering what laser would best to get rid of them.  Is the Pixel laser a good treatment for this problem?

Pixel For Pigment

+1

The Pixel laser is primarily for the improvement of the texture of the skin.  It helps with fine lines and wrinkles as will as pore size.  I would recommend a different laser such as AFT (advanced fluorescent technology) which is designed to treat pigment like brown spots and broken capillaries.  The treatment is often referred to as a "photofacial".

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/skin-texture-color-tightening-austin.html

Pixel skin resurfacing for sun damaged skin

+1

The Pixel fractionated erbium laser is the most effective treatment for extensive sun damage on your face, neck and hands. It is an excellent tool for resurfacing your skin, and my patients who have it done heal very quickly.

Pixel is good for dark spots, but IPL is better

+1

The Pixel laser is a fractionated resurfacing laser that can rejuvenate the skin in a number of ways. Pixel is best at improving fine lines and wrinkles. It does, also, help with dark spots caused by sun damage. That being said, there are more effective options for improving dark spots. Our preference is IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) for dark spots caused by sun damage and we find IPL to be substantially more effective then Pixel. For most patients, an improvement of 80% or better can be acheived when treating dark spots with IPL.

Often patients with dark spots also have fine lines and wrinkles as both are caused by sun damage. For this reason, it is not uncommon for patients to have both IPL and Pixel performed at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon