Does Nicotrol Damage the Skin?

I recently quit smoking, but I'm using Nicotrol. Is this still damaging to my skin?

Nicotrol and skin

+4

No studies have been done on Nicotrol and the skin. It cannot be good for the skin since it reduces blood supply to the tissues.

However we do know that Nicotrol, while it may help you stop smoking, also gives you nicotine.

Nicotine causes shrinking of the blood vessels (vasoconstriction) and reduced blood supply to the skin. This can be dangerous for post surgery patients since the skin is compromised by surgery and can be badly damaged by nicotine in any form, leading to surgical complications.