Does Eczema Ever Go Away on Its Own?

If you have eczema as a kid, does it go away when you reach a certain age? My son has it pretty bad and I want to tell him it will get better.

Yes

+2

Most cases of eczema resolve by the age of five. However, some go on, localize behind the knee and the crrok of the arm for years. Also, commonly people with childhood eczema will have sensitive skin all their life. Many of the cases of hand dermatitis that we see as dermatologiss, began as eczema years ago.

So chances are very good that his eczema will go away, but linger around in the form of sensitive skin.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist