Does Artefill Work for Frown Lines?

Doe Artefill Work for Frown Lines?

Artefill usage

+2

Artefill is a long term filler that lasts likely in the 5-7 year range. I typically will use it in the laugh lines/nasolabial folds and for the cheek bones (malar region). It is a good deep filler, and typically I would not advise using it for finer lines such as the areas around the lips, in the lips, or the frown lines.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill for frown lines

+2

I have had excellent results using Artefill for frown lines.  Additionally, I reviewed photographs for the 5 year results from Artefill and all results were long lasting and natural.  I would say that using ArteFill or Juvederm in this area would be improved by using Botox as well to inhibit the muscle activity that causes the "eleven" lines

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Where can Artefill be placed?

+2

Artefill is a long lasting dermal filler that has been shown to persist for  5 years.  The filler acts to both volumize by itself as well as stimulate new collagen production.  Because Artefill lasts for so long, I generally take greater care to choose the sites that I will use it.  It is possible to use it for frown lines but in your case it might not be the top choice.  Start with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist that actually uses the product, (most do not) and get an opinion on whether it is the right choice for you.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Frown lines are usually too narrow for artefill.

+2

Artefill fills in broader grooves such an nasolabial areas or oral commissures but the narrow frown lines are probably too narrow for artefill to do a good job but see what your doc says because if they are wide enough then artefill may work.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Does Artefill Work for Frown Lines?

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, Artefill can be injected for frown lines.  Depending on the depth of the frown lines, there are other fillers such as hyaluronic acid that are suitable.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Artefill is not best choice for frown lines

+1

If you are referring to the frown lines between the eyebrows, then my answer is no - Botox is a better choice although it is not permanent, like Artefill.  If the lines still persist after Botox, then a hyaluronic filler, such as Restylane or Juvederm is my preference.

Artefill is a deep filler and better suited for the deeper folds around between the lips and cheeks, the so-called nasolabial or meilolabial folds.

Robert Strimling, MD