Does Arnica Cream Help with Post-Smart Lipo Hardness?

Maybe bruising..

+1

Studies are mixed on effectiveness of Arnica regarding BRUISING, when started prior to and maintained during the immediate post op period.

The firmness is due to swelling, and lymphedema. Compression garments help reduce the fluid in the suctioned area, along with bruising. When my patients sufficeintly recover, I often recommend that they get a wooden roller type massager at a bed store, and use it for a deep massage. A professional massage may also be helpful to reduce swelling.

Arnica is great for bruising.

+1

LipoLady, Arnica is great for bruising and swelling. I have not seen it indicated for "hardness." However, the massage action of applying the Arnica cream may be helpful. David Shafer, MD New York City

Web reference: http://www.ParkAvenueLiposuction.com

Arnica montana is an established natural medication to reduce bruising, swelling, and pain

+1

Arnica montana is popular in the United States, but even more popular in Europe and South America. It is an established anti-inflammatory agent that promotes subcuticular improvement in microcirculation. There are many homeopathic doses of arnica, however, for surgery I prefer to use a more standardized dosing that we provide patients in our clinic.

The best time to use Arnica is in the immediate postoperative period, but the agent can be used successfully to reduce inflammation in an area of concern at a later stage of healing.

I would definitely use Arnica montana, but I would use a standardized surgical dose, such as that available in my office, rather than a more smaller dosing.

Web reference: https://www.kareskin.com/product-detail/11/bruisestick-arnica-ointment.aspx

Arnica

+1

Arnica is supposesd to minimize bruising. Although, I am not a big fan of this product. The scientific studies looking at the effect of Arnica on bruising are not very convincing.

Arnica probably won't help

+1

Arnica may help with bruising but not hardness. However, massage with any cream may help the softening along. 

Kind of a "Yes: No" answer I guess.   :)

Best Regards.

Orange Plastic Surgeon