Does Active FX Get Rid of Freckles?

Does Active FX work on freckles? What are the results like?

Yes, Active FX gets rid of freckles

+2

Yes. ActiveFX will help with the majority of sun exposed skin discolorations like sun spots and freckles. It will also improve on wrinkles. As a advance physician course trainer for Lumenis ActiveFX and IPL, I can also tell you that IPL can improve on the freckles if this is your only concern. Also IPL treatments would be more economical and give you no downtime. But, if you are worried about wrinkles, which usually accompany freckles due to sun exposure, then you will have to do some type or resurfacing that would improve wrinkles and discoloration (freckles) at the same time.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Active FX Lightens Freckles

+1

Freckles can be significantly lightened with treatment from an Active FX laser. Depending on how many freckles appear on the treatment area, multiple procedures may be required. As a board certified dermatologist in San Diego and Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, I would advise that you visit a laser expert for your treatment as results can vary greatly depending on your practitioner’s experience. I also advise using skin lightening creams like Lytera™ from SkinMedica before and after treatment to prevent freckles from recurring. Sunscreen is also very important since freckles are produced from sun exposure.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Active Fx reduces freckles and other brown spots.

+1

Freckles and other pigment spots are lightened significantly by Active Fx.  Depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment the spots may actually be removed.  This happens because the Active Fx is a resurfacing laser.  It "vaporizes" tiny areas of the top layer of the skin leaving tiny areas of untouched skin or bridges (kind of like aerating your lawn).  If 80% of the area is treated and 20% is not then the pigment is likely to be much lighter.  If on the other hand 20% is treated and 80% untreated then the pigment will be lighter but not necessarily gone. Discuss with your physician what your desired outcome is so that she/he can adjust the treatment to achieve the goal.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

ACTIVE FX is very effective for removing freckles or sun spots

+1

Active FX laser resurfacing is a very effective way for removing brown spots from your skin.  Unless you also have significant facial aging associated with these spots, very light treatment settings can generally be used since these brown spots reside in the upper layers of the skin.  As such, your downtime can generally be reduced to anywhere from 3-4 days with very nice results.

I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/face/laser-skin-resurfacing-denver-colorado/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Fractional CO2 lasers including Active Fx minimizes freckles

+1

Freckles or lentigines are skin manifestation of sun damage. Fractional CO2 lasers including Active Fx effectively minimizes freckles by sloughing layers of sun damaged skin in addition to tightening and smoothing irregularity of skin textures. If you are not prepared to have a week of downtime, a series of IPL or photofacial can get rid of majority of freckles as well.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/What_s_New.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.