Fraxel Laser Stretch Marks

im looking to get this laser done on my belly. b/c i have stretch marks everywhere on my tummy. its very unwanted scars i cant ware a two piece b/c its so ugly. please somebody let me know if this is a good thing to do.

I don't use the fraxel for stretch marks as much as the Vbeam laser

+1

I most commonly see patients with new red stretch marks. At that point I find the Vbeam highly effective. White or older stretch marks are more difficult to treat. The fraxel can be effective but it is a challenging area to treat.

Fraxel Very Effective for Stretch Marks

+1

The Fraxel laser is one of the most effective treatments for improving the appearance of stretch marks. The sudden high stress on the skin that happens during the growth spurt in adolescents and during pregnancy causes a fracturing of the collagen and elastic fibers under the skin, which leads to the striae or stretch marks. The Fraxel creates thousands of tiny microscopic deep columns of damage where the broken collagen is. Over the following weeks, new collagen and elastic fibers are deposited, the stretch marks start getting narrower and tighter, and the skin appears smoother. Multiple sessions are necessary for best results, but there is very little downtime, if at all, after each session. Sun avoidance in the areas treated is crucial for several weeks after each Fraxel treatment.

Fraxel Restore can improve stretch marks

+1

Fraxel laser does not work at all to tighten the stomach. However, the Fraxel Restore laser can improve some stretch marks. The excimer laser is bet at repigmenting.

David Goldberg, MD

Fraxel for stretch marks

+1

I have tried doing tests on mature white stretch marks with the Fraxel Re:store laser. I have repeated treatment on the same area several times, as we would do during a full series of treatments, and have not seen improvement that is significant. Acute stretch marks, are red and the color can be improved with a yellow light laser such as the V-beam laser, but this doesn't appreciably improve the atrophic thinned out nature that develops in the mature stretch marks.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel restore will help

+1

Having performed over 1,000 Fraxel restore treatments, many of which included treating stretch marks, acne scars, burns scars and other skin problems in need of collagen remodeling, I can attest that a series (at least 5) of Fraxel restore treatments will improve but nor cure stretch marks in the majority of people.

As a rule of thumb I tell patients that they can expect a 50-75% imrpovement in stretch marks after completing a series, with the understanding that there is no guarantee. Saying that Fraxel restore does not cure stretch marks ignores the fact that many people do not want or need abdominoplasty surgery- those people are simply looking for improvement and have a realistic expectation that the skin will not be perfect.

Good luck.

Min S. Ahn MD FACS

Min S. Ahn, MD
Westborough Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel restore for the Treatment of Stretch Marks

+1

Hi Drew,

Abdominal stretch marks (as well as those on other areas of the body) improve with a series of Fraxel restore laser treatments, but do not go away completely. The thin, depressed skin of the striae is thickened so that the contour and texture of the skin in the area is more smooth and even. The color improves as well.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Stretch marks will improve but not laxity

+1

If your skin is tight, but has striae (stertch marks), Fraxel Restore will definitely help (not 100%). If the skin is loose, then only an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will help that. Then Fraxel can help with the tummy tuck scar and the striae.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Tummy stretch marks can't be cured except with surgery

+1

Abdominal stretch marks cannot be cured by any other means than removing them in a tummy tuck. The problem is that some people have too many stretch marks that are beyond the skin that can be removed so that will still have them even after a TT. Save your money on any other treatment because it won't be a worthwhile expenditure.

Fraxel Laser effectivity for tummy and stretch marks

+1

Depends on what you define as "work".

I agree with Dr. Canales - No laser can remove and erase stretch marks. IF you are asking can fractionated CO2 / Fraxel be safely used on the tummy skin to shrink it - then we can have another discussion.

Before signing up carefully evaluate your goals and what YOU want from the technique of the surgeon.

Fraxel does not cure stretchmarks

+1

In my opinion, Fraxel does not remove stretch marks.  If you meet with a physician about stretch marks, make sure you see many before and afters of people who have stretch marks like yours before deciding on a treatment.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon