Vomiting After Smart Lipo

I just had my smart lipo on my upper and lower abs today got home around 330 i threw up there and i have been throwing up here periodically especially when i drink some water i havent eaten yet but im not really hungry is this normal?

Immediate postoperative concerns from Smartlipo

+2
If you have immediate concerns after surgery you should be able to contact your surgeon or covering provider immediately. Don't rely on internet advice without an examination. Nausea can be a reaction from pain medication, the pain itself, or a reactionto the local anesthetic if it is interacting with your daily medication or if you were given too many milligrams of lidocaine for your age or weight. Call your surgeon now!

Post-op lipo nausea

+2

It is certainly possible to get nausea after any surgical procedure. You should contact your doctor to be evaluated because there are numerous reasons for post-op nausea.

Vomiting after liposuction may be a serious complication

+1

Vomiting after liposuction is rare and may be due to anesthetics or the stress of surgery. It can also be due to penetration of the cannula through the abdominal muscles during the procedure. In any case a patient should call his doctor.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist