What Are Your Thoughts About These Hip Bands?

I am planing to have a tummy tuck after one more pregnancy. So when I saw these hip bands (shrinkxhips) I thought this last pregnancy might be a chance to tighten my hips up before. I'd like to know if any of you have worked with patience who have used them and how it effected the results. I personally don't mind the size of my hips now but if the band would help keep everything tight and in place after I would think about doing it.

Shrinxhips

+1

I am always learning something new from my patients.  I have to be honest. I have never heard of this before.  The website looks great and makes an interesting argument for it.  I can tell you it is unlikely to hurt anything, but honestly it is very unlikely to help anything either.  Before I spent any money on it, I would want to see some scientific research from the company.  If you use it and have a great experience, please post it here.  Good luck.

Bands

+1

You are better off spending your money on something that has an effect than garbage found in some retail operation

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Shrink hips

+1

I have never heard of the shrink hip thing, but I seriously doubt it accomplishes anything other than separating you from your money and being an utter waste of time. There, I said it!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Hip bands to tighten pelvis?

+1

Any bone or joint put under stress has the ability to mold or remodel.  This principle is used commonly with distraction osteogenesis for lengthening bones and is used in physical therapy of stiff joints.  I don't have any specific experience with "shrinxhips" but it is interesting in concept.   Experience would tell me that a band that was tight enough to actually mold the pelvis would be too uncomfortable to wear.  If it is inexpensive and not too cumbersome it may be worth a try but I wouldn't expect much if at all. 

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

+1

Toward the end of pregnancy hormonal changes relax the pelvic (and other) ligaments to allow for delivery of the baby. After delivery, there is some (or complete) recovery. This product is said to splint the pelvic bones in position while recovery occurs, and it makes sense, and sounds like it should not do any harm. The manufacturers claim benefits, but no surprise there. Probably your likeliest source of advice would be your own OB. 

Thanks, best wishes.