Doctors, What Would You Say Are the Absolute Best Grafts to Use when Doing Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty?

Doctors, What Would You Say Are the Absolute Best Grafts to Use when Doing Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty? I just want to hear some professional opinions on this. Thank you.

Best Nasal Graft For A Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Nick,

The "best" nasal graft used during a rhinoplasty is not the correct way to project a given surgical approach. In other words, what is best for your case may be the worst for someone else's.

Without physical examination and getting to know how a patient envisions their nose would look like, a surgeon will not able to plan the surgery definitively hence deciding on the best-fit graft.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Best cartilage for rhinoplasty is nasal cartilage

+1

The best grafting material is always nasal cartilage when performing rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty.  If nasal cartilage is depleted from prior surgery, then ear cartilage is an acceptable alternative.

Use of Grafts for Rhinoplasty

+1

The use of grafts must be individualized for every patient.  In my practice, the most common grafts I utilize are columellar struts of septal cartilage, then Goretex grafts to filling in areas of asymmetry.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Grafts to Use in Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

I always prefer to use the patient's own tissue, usually cartilage or fascia, for grafts in rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty surgery. It will become incorporated into the normal surrounding tissue.

Grafts for Rhinoplasty

+1

The answer depends both on what it is that you are using the graft for, and what is available to you. If you are looking for structural support (like a columellar strut graft or a large dorsal onlay graft) you will need a large straight strong piece. If you have that piece of cartilage available in your septum, that is usually the best place to start. If your septum does not provide that type or amount of cartilage, you will need to go to a rib graft (either yours or irradiated rib cartilage from a donor). Ear cartilage typically does not provide a long enough or straight enough piece for this type of graft.  If you are looking for smaller, less structural grafts then ear cartilage works well.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I prefer to use cartilage or fascia from your own body in (revision) rhinoplasty surgery as opposed to foreign materials, but this all depends on what you are trying to achieve.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can better assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Best grafts for rhinoplasty

+1

If a graft is needed the best ones come from your own septum, ear or rib.  Others can be obtained from irradiated cartilage from a donor, and then alloplastics like silicone.

What are the best grafts for rhinoplasty?

+1

I prefer to use the patients own cartilage or fascia. Septal cartilage is the most versatile as it can be used for support, augmentation and tip refinement. Ear cartilage works well for tips and augmentation but not as well for support. In patients without septal or ear cartilage then I use rib which is also excellent but time consuming to harvest and carve and shape.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

So many graft, so many purposes

+1

A graft is simply a tool used to create some desired change in the nose.  The specific graft depends on the specific need.  Asking "what is the best graft for rhinoplasty" is like asking "what is the best car part to fix a car".  If you can be more specific in your question, I think you would get more useful responses.  Good luck!

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon