4 Rhino Procedures Later- My Nostrils Continue To Collapse. Can This Be Fixed? (photo)

I´ve had 4 rhinoplasties, not all of them for correcting aesthetic matters (just 2 of them) the other 2 were bone fractures which required bone manipulation. I would really like to improve my left nostril, it just keeps collapsing :( actually in my last rhino my doc put me a graft to shape my nostril but after 6 months it collapsed again casuing my tip to crook a bit and causing an important asymmetry which i cant get used to since i didnt have it before. Do you think it can be fixed?

4 Rhino Procedures Later- My Nostrils Continue To Collapse. Can This Be Fixed?

+1

There is no question that improvement can be made with a collapse of either the external nasal valve or internal valve after multiple surgeries.  However, you would need to be aware that cartilage grafting will be necessary and some degree of augmentation will occur giving your nose a further change in appearance that may end with you having a slightly larger nose.  Typically, breathing problems following rhinoplasty are the result of overresection of cartilage but only an appropriate consultation and exam can truly address and evaluate your isses.  Seek out a qualified surgeon with extensive experience in revisional surgery to address your concerns.

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repairing nostril collapse

+1

From your photos there does seem to be some alar retraction and pinching of your tip. An examination would be needed to see what could be done to fix this. Cartilage grafting and possible repositioning of the lower lateral crura may be helpful in correcting both of these issue.

You would need to consult with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to see what options you have.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Correction rhinoplasty revision with grafts

+1

Unfortunately the problem is not simply your nostril.  You nose is what I would call 'destabilized,' that is too much structural cartilage has been removed and your nose is progressively collapsing and twisting.  It certainly can be fixed but has to be treated as what I call 'tertiary rhinoplasty' which means a rhinoplasty after two or more rhinoplasties with unaesthetic outcome.  To repair your nose aesthetically and functionally, a small piece of rib needs to be harvested to support the nasal framework and carefully designed tip, alar and dorsal spreader grafts are needed.  I advise you to look for a Plastic and reconstructive surgeon with extensive craniofacial experience.  

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You have over resection of the lower lateral cartilage and retracted ala on both sides. Treatment is alar rim graft taken from the septum or the ear. The deviated nose need to have an examination to determine the cause.

Both can be done at the same time.