Will Doctors Say I'm Too Young?

I'm 18 & recently had a baby im not planing to have another one. I want to get liposuction on my belly. I know the skin around my belly will be loose. What can i do to tighten it up & will there be a problem with my age ?

18 Too Young for Liposuction

+1

18 is not too young for liposuction, but pregnancy produces a number of changes, which are not usually treated well with liposuction alone.  Only a physical exam would be able to determine this.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and tummy tuck procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Post Pregnancy Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question. Depending on if you have excessive loose skin and an underlying loosening of the abdominal muscles, which is common after pregnancy will determine if you are a better candidate for a surgical procedure such as a tummy tuck, a minimally invasive procedure such as laser lipo, or a noninvasive laser such as Velashape.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in body contouring to discuss all of your options for the best and safest results.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and loose skin

+1

While you are not too young to have liposuction, if you are complaining about loose skin after a pregnancy, then liposuction is not the right choice because it will tighten the skin.

Liposuction after baby...

+1

Yariela:

You are not too young for liposuction. However, it will generally not tighten the skin. You may be a better candidate for a tummy-tuck. Post your photo and I can give you more specific advice. Or better yet, visit a board-certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Loose Skin after pregnancy

+1

Liposuction does not tighten up loose skin especially after pregnancy.  The skin will shrink but not eliminate the excess.  You are kind of young to think about this and so soon after your delivery and without photos I cannot say for sure.  Go see a board certified plastic surgeon and get an opinion.  Good Luck!

Steven Holzman, MD