Doctors, When I get my BBL how long after the surgery can I sit?

I have a desk job and it requires a lot of sitting on the buttocks. I understand you have to put a pillow or something but I don't want any of my coworkers to feel awkward because I don't want them to know about my surgery?

Sitting after BBL surgery

+2

I instruct my Brazilian Butt Lift patients not to sit for 2 weeks after surgery. I like them to sit on a pillow for 6 weeks to 6 months following the procedure. While I understand your need for privacy, the last thing you want is to compromise your results! Putting too much pressure on the newly transferred fat could injure the fat and cause it to die. Consider giving your coworkers another reason for your pillow like a tailbone injury or back pain.

Sitting after surgery

+1

Normally my suggestion is always a 2 week period after the procedure. You can always use a boppy pillow normally used for nursing. You want to avoid any pressure in your buttock region.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Sitting after BBL

+1

I think it is best to ask your surgeon, but in general I think that it is ok within about two weeks. In general, I wouldn't recommend putting too much pressure on the buttocks for any length of time during the early post-op period.

When can I sit after a BBL?

+1

As you can see from my colleagues answers, we all have a different opinion about when it is safe to sit. I perform 6-8 BBLs per week and have developed my own sitting protocol that we review extensively with our patients before and after the surgery. You should speak to your own surgeon to see what he or she recommends. Give them a call, they shouldn't mind and they should be happy to give you this information.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Next day

+1

With the new technique we are using in Dominican Republic, you will be able to sit next day of your surgery. Search for PS experienced in BBL.

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD

When can I sit after a BBL?

+1

It is preferable to avoid sitting as much as possible duering the first week after the BBL. And when you do sit it's recommended that you sit on a doughnut. Most of my patients return to work within 1 week after the BBL. You should consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

+1

Thank you for your question, I recommend my patients to not sit on their buttocks for the first two weeks after surgery, if they have a desk job it's best to sit on any type of pillow, just for them to not sit in a completely flat and hard surface, to avoid loosing the fat grafted. It doesn't have to be a special pillow.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have a modified sitting protocol that seems to aid in this without special pillows.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.