Where to Find Doctors Trained in Smart Lift (Laser Assisted Lift)?

Where can I find a list of doctors trained/certifide to perform the "Smartlift" procedure?

Experience and Skill of Plastic Surgeon more important than Technique

+1

No the Smart Lift or similar Acculift are not a substitute for  face lifting procedures or fillers . It is NOT a breakthrough procedure, rather using existing technology a small amount of local anesthesia to numb the treatment areas followed by 1 to 2 mm openings. Through these  openings, a  laser removes fat  (laser lipolysis - several companies offer machines that do this) and there is some limited  tightening of the skin due in part to heat generated. Unfortunately as we age we loose fat which is why Fillers are so popular. Why would you want to remove fat unless it was required??
Does it replace the need (or reduce it) for cosmetic fillers? - no it reduces volume does not replace it. I would think at best this technology would be used as an adjunct to existing techniques and that there is probably independent risk in using this technique.

Probably most important is the skill and experience of the surgeon. Always check out his/her before and after photos and ask to see long term results and most of all that he is trained and a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years.
Remember it is the skill and experience of the surgeon that counts not the name !!  Great surgeons get great results, period. The best way to find one is to start with a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years. Ask to see before and after photos, especially long term ones. and ask the number of times you will be seen afterwards by the surgeon rather than a medical assistant. A good place to start is "find a doctor" on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons web sites.

The "Smart Lift"

+1

Oh boy.....

It sounds like you have become another victim of the marketing machine...

There is nothing magic (or even new) about the procedure you are asking about. Thousands of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons have been combining facelift procedures with laser treatments for many years- safely and effectively.

Every few months, and especially when dealing with non-plastic surgeons, we hear about some "NEW" procedure "invented" by some doctor or another (there is an eye doctor in my home town saying he "invented" liposuction... reminds me of Al gore and the internet...).

Please realize that your happiness, and ultimately your safety, will depend on the skill and integrity of the person you allow to perform surgery on your face.

What do you think it says about the surgeons advertising well-known procedures by giving them cute names that make it sound like they have discovered something new? To me, it says things I would not want to find in someone I am going to have perform surgery on me.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

"Smart Lift"

+1

The procedure marketed as a "Smart Lift" is a mini-facelift using laser technology. This approach may satisfy your desires but the results are generally not as draamatic or last as long as a more conventional facelift with or without the use of lasers.

Surgeon doing facelift is what's important

+1

Just so it is clear. It doesn't matter what you call the facelift. All the marketing in the world doesn't make a facelift technique better than the other. The Plastic Surgeron doing the facelift is the important key. Just google the tecnique you described and look at the scars that are trying to be hidden with the hair on some of the sites. I then encourage to look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your community and go to them. This is your face. Take it very seriously and do not go where you are going get a deal with a bunch of hyp about a technique.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Marketing, Marketing!

+1

There are basic core techniques and principles in surgery that are time tested. Some techniques that evolve after these techniques add very little to the overall result but can add to your bottom line. There are no formal/accredited training the Smart Lift. It is best to visit with several board certified plastic surgeons to get a complete exam and expert opinions.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

“Smartlift” vs conventional surgery

+1

The “Smartlift” and other similar procedures have been introduced to try and accomplish facelifting with less down time. It is my opinion, and that of many others, that they provide a moderate improvement for a short while, but can not replace other conventional methods.

I personally had a similar procedure, but would not do it again and do not offer it to my patients, unless the only problem is a significant accumulation of fat in the upper neck and the skin is relatively elastic. Otherwise I do a MACS Lift. This provides resolution of the jowls and the neck problem, lasts generally longer than a standard facelift, and has a recovery equal to the LASER lifts.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

The SmartLift has a number of associated procedures and can get excellent results

+1

There is a continuum of procedures for the SmartLift. The first is using the SmartLipo laser to assist with fat liposuction and skin tightening for fullness under the jaw in patients who are up to their early 50's and only need their necks addressed. This can be extended to include some improvement for the jowls.

As for a true SmartLift, I find that using the laser to lift the skin as part of my SMAS Facelift, there is a lot less bleeding and therefore less black and blue after the procedure. The laser is also great for revision cases.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

The is a unproven treatment observed

+1

Laserlift(acculift) is a unproven treatment and I would suggest that you find out more about this. . I observed the treatment and I do not think that patients will benefit from this treatment. The surgeons that do this treatment recommend the laser lipo to remove the fat and then inject filler(Radiess) to fill the area. This is not logical and complication can be scarring and facial atrophy .In General removing the fat from the face is not a good idea(neck is different) since as we age we loose fat from the face.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Look for a Smart plastic surgeon rather than a Smart lift

+1

We have an extensive collection of lasers that we use as a portion of many of our procedures both operative and non-operative.

However, named lifts such as the "smart lift" and others are advertising hype, which tells you little about the result.

You need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who is capable of doing all the types of lifts from mini to maxi using a variety of techniques so you get the best result possible.

good luck with your quest.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Smart lift (laser assisted lift)

+1

Smart Lift face lift is a mini facelift + Smart Lipo dissection of the skin flap. It really does not add to any shorter healing or surgery time. I have done this technique on 20 patients and if the patient requests the Smart Lipo to be done with her mini face lift than I offer it. The additional fee is $800 to my mini face lift fee of $5,000 (if you are a candidate).

From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, Clinical Instructor for Smart Lipo.