Are There Any Doctors Who Specialize in Implant Removal AND Fat Transfer to Breasts?

I want to have my implants, (sub-muscular) of 10 years removed, no lift, and replace some volume with a living fat, transfer to my breasts. I started out as a B cup and went to a C cup, I am 5'7" and 135 lbs. Does anyone specialize in both? Are there doctors who have at least 5+ years successful expertise in this procedure? The last thing I want to do is spend $1300+ and have ugly scars and 70%+ of the fat reabsorbed. I am looking for a skilled Doctor. What sort of results could I expect?

Fat transfer to breasts

+1
Your implants can be removed and fat can be added.  However, there is a limit on how much fat can safely be transferred in one surgery.  We do not get the same volume as with breast implants.  We can, however, repeat fat transfers in about 3 months.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Finding a local plastic surgeon

+1

To find answers to your questions as well as a local board certified plastic surgeon, check out the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to find someone in your area.  If you're willing to travel, I do perform breast surgery frequently as well as fat grafting.  It's hard to give you answers for appearance without actually seeing you.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast implant removal (explantation) and fat grafting

+1

I have recently begun this procedure and have one patient who has undergone two fat grafting sessions with an estimated 350cc of take. Dr. Khoobehi in New Orleans has some of the most extensive experience in the USA with this technique but I am not sure if it is more than 5 years.

Implant removal and fat transfer

+1

Even though there are some surgeons performing fat transfer to the breast( and usually for reconstruction), I would have to say there is not enough experience out there to guarantee a good result consistently.  If anything, I would remove the implants and allow the breasts to heal before undergoing fat injection.

Fat Tranfer to the Breasts

+1

Highly doubt that you will find a plastic surgeon that only does fat grafting to the breasts.  This is not a realible procedure and in now way will it get you the volume that you would need after having implants for that many years.  Second, fat grafting is still not considered a safe procedure as most plastic surgeons feel it will interfere with breast cancer screening in the future, specially in the amount of fat required for augmentation.  Lastly, the cost of fat grafting for breast augmentation is more costly than breast implants.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Specialize in fat transfer and breast implant removal?

+1

I doubt that any Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would specialize in fat transfer and breast implant removal, He or She may have an interest in that area but what is specialization. Five years experience in this combination procedure that is largely unproven would be unlikely.

The most experienced surgeons in fat transfer are probable in Brazil, but clinical trials to help confirm effectiveness have not been done.  

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon