Are There Any Doctors Who Specialize in African American Rhinoplasty?

ve been wanting to get my small hump on my bridge shaved down and my Tip and Nostrils LESS round and more defined. Boxed off. (NOT Pointy) Currently my nose is very round. I want my face to have a stronger more masculine approach I want my tip and nostrils more boxed off. Are there any Doctors who specialize in nautral Ethnic Reconstronstruction?

Doctors Who Specialize in African-American Rhinoplasty

+2

I'm not aware of any surgeon who does only African-American rhinoplasties. However, most experienced rhinoplasty surgeons can be trusted with your nose. Look at the results of the surgeons that you evaluate for your surgery.

Ethnic noses

+2

Coreecting the ethnic nose is a great challenge. The patient and the surgeon must be on he same page. Nothing is worse than to overdo a nose that needs to keep it ethnic character. Be careful.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

African American Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Although I dont think there are surgeons that do only African American Rhinoplasty there are some that do more than others. African American and Ethnic Rhinoplasty is probably the most challenging of all rhinoplasties. Search for surgeons that can show you alot of before and afters as well as references and choose the surgeon who you think performs the best work. i have performing African American and Ethnic Rhinoplasty for over 10 years and have dedicated a website on African American Rhinoplasty. You can see my techniques and many before and afters on it.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Afro-American Rhinoplasty

+2

Great question.  Rhinoplasty surgeons do not specialize per se in ethnic rhinoplasty of any sort.  What happens is that based upon the population in the area, you will see more of a certain ethinic group than another.  For example, Jack Anderson, who wrote a great deal on Afro-American rhinoplasty practiced in New Orleans.

The best way to find a physician that has a great deal of experience is to ask.  Start with the website for the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Find a specialist in your area and when you have a consultation ask specifically; what percentage of your rhinoplasty patients are Afro-American? 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon