Any doctors have recommendations on procedures?

I'm contacting some doctors in my area. I'd like to visit them prepared with some knowledge about what kinds of procedures would be best for me. Are there any doctors that would have some recommendations for me? Thanks.

How lower eyelids affect facial appearance

+2

I agree with the other surgeons that it is necessary to have a patient focus on what is bothering them rather than an open ended querie for cosmetic surgery. Nevertheless, Farley clearly has cosmetic issues with his lower eyelids that would be appropriate to address in this forum. There are bags under the eyes and tear trough deformities, meaning the area where the lower eye socket bone meets the nasal bone is hollowed out. The most likely anatomic reason for this is that there is relative thinness of the bone in that area, causing a lack of support for the overlying skin and muscle. Notably in Farley, there is scleral show, meaning the whites of the eyes are visible under the iris at rest. I would recommend a lower eyelid blepharoplasty where the fat causing the bags is removed. It will be critical to tighten the loose lower eyelid muscle and finally the extra skin is conservatively trimmed. Finally a teartrough implant could be placed at the same time.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Procedures

+1

Depending on your complaints, a doctor will recommend procedures. I would recommend that you take a photograph that is 10-15 years ago that can show the doctor how you would like to look. I would also recommend that you make a list of the top 3 things you would like to change.

Mark Codner, MD

Be careful and select surgeons with a proven track record.

+1

Farley, your photo shows more scleral show than usual and the height of your lower eyelids seems greater than normal. I bet a side view photo would show maxillary/malar hypoplasia (flat cheekbones). If so, then augmentation of the flat areas with implants (bone, sialastic, or fillers) might be best. I would avoid lower eyelid surgery at all costs because I think it would be disasterous for you.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Recommendations for making eye area more youthful and attractive

+1

From your photo, both eyebrows are low which contribute to your upper eyelid fullness.  There is also some excess fat in the lower eyelids.  IMHO, it's imperative that the eyebrow position be determined, compared to the aesthetic ideal, as part of any upper eyelid/brow lift surgery.  

To do this, the plastic and cosmetic surgeon or occuloplastic surgeon stands behind you and using their hand, elevates one eyebrow to the aesthetic ideal position.  Once this is done three possible outcome dictate the proper way to deal with the upper eyelid fullness.

1. All the upper eyelid fullness is gone with the eyebrow in the aesthetic position.  This indicates the brows are low and all the upper eyelid fullness is related to the low eyebrow.  A brow lift is the only proper surgical remedy in this scenario and should the surgeon perform an upper eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), the eyebrows will be pulled down into an even lower position with the skin closure.
  2. Some of the upper eyelid fullness is gone but some also remains.  This indicates the fullness is partly due to a low eyebrow and partly due to excess upper eyelid skin.  That amount due to upper eyelid skin can be removed with an upper eyelid surgery, that due to low brow removed with a brow lift or a combination of both to remove it all.
  3. The upper eyelid fullness does not change indicating all the fullness is due to upper eyelid skin.  In this scenario and upper eyelid surgery is the procedure of choice.

Bsed on your photo, you are either number 1 or 2, IMO.  The lower eyelid fat bags are removed with a lower eyelid surgery.

What do you think i need

+1

no one has to have plastic and shouldn't unless something is bothering you. I always stat a consultation by asking what bothers you and how can i help.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Know what bothers you!

+1
I agree with several of the posts above. I refuse to tell my patients what they "need". I need to know what they want or what bothers them. I ask them to be very specific. I always say to my patients, "if you can't tell me what makes you unhappy, how can I possibly know how to make you happy?". There are so many ideas of what is beautiful or attractive, and everyone had their own ideas. What is attractive to me may not be what you ultimately desire, so make sure you know! Good luck Jasmine Mohadjer Oculoplastic Surgeon Tampa Bay, FL

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Clearwater Oculoplastic Surgeon

Whatcha think I need?

+1
Best to define what you are unhappy with and what you want. Perhaps someday you'll have a mother-in-law to tell you what you think but until then enjoy the freedom. Good luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

This is all backwards in my opinion.

+1

I think before being told what is "wrong" with you, it is important that the cosmetic surgeon carefully hears what your personal concerns are.  Surgeon tend to identify as issues problems for which they have ready solutions.  The fact that we have certain well defined procedures that do certain well define things, does not mean that these are your concerns or issues.  I would focus on finding well trained cosmetic surgeons and going on a number of consultations.  Having surgeons tell you what your issues is a formula for a bad outcome.  You need surgeons who are interested in learning what precisely bothers you.  From there you and your surgeon have a sound basis for addressing your concerns.