1 Month after Eyelid Surgery, Does it Look like it's Healing Correctly? (photo)

First time to have surgery at 64 years old. I wonder did a good job. I got the job at a discount.The original doctor did my right eye and the assistant took over on the left side. The left eye is still a bit swollen and its been a month. Is this normal? I had HUGE eyebags, is this the right way to make an incision? The after photo is the one with the cut. Thanks a lot. I badly need opinions!!

1 Month after Eyelid Surgery, Does it Look like it's Healing Correctly?

+1

The incisions are not placed in optimal positions, but you may end up healing without issue.  It would be hard to speculate about outcome.                                                                                                                       Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                           Los Angeles, CA

Pigment and Swelling

+1

Thank you for your pictures. You still are swollen. You do have some areas of hyperpigmentation at the ends of the incisions. This may resolved. I would  at least get this result time to improve over the next 2 to 3 months. At that point you can definitively evaluate the results. Best wishes.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1

The discount gave you a poor choice of incisions! The lower lid incision I have never used to low, should in most cases be subcilliary. The upper lid is on the almost acceptable side. There is no correction available at this time. So very sorry. 

After surgery problems

+1

Thanks for your qusetion.

I'm not sure if a Plastic Surgeon did this surgery for you, and you should ask why an assistant did the other eye? Why was the surgery discounted?

Unfortunately from what I can see, this is not a desired result.

If you are not confident with your original surgeon, pay the money and consult a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Get the correct assesment and treatment.

I hope all goes well.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Discount plastic surgery

+1

My question is: what specialist did you go to?  A board certified plastic surgeon?  This is not an optimal result, whether performed by a surgeon or an "assistant", whatever that means.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Uneven eyelid surgery

+1

The incisions on your lower lid are too low and should be in the lash line. The upper lids are uneven and looks like they were done by different surgeons. Wait 3-6 months and get opinions from a qualified surgeon. Plastic surgery is not something you want a discount on.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

We generally advise that bargain hunting for facial and eyelid surgery does not pay off.

+1

While you may have gotten cheap surgery, you are now paying the price.  Your result is far from ideal.  You are over-resected in the upper eyelids and the scars are not healing optimally.  Still you are only a month from surgery.  I would recommend giving this many more months to heal before shopping for revisional surgery.  It is possible that with enough healing you will ultimately be satisfied with the result.  I am reminded by the motto that used to be posted in all Baskin Robbins ice cream shops:

"There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. "