Do Doctors Offer Cash Discounts for Plastic Surgery?

Do doctors offer a discount if I pay cash rather than finance? I want to get liposuction in my mid-section very soon and plan on paying with cash/certified check.

Cash discounts for plastic surgery

+3

Many plastic surgeons will give a small discount for cash paying patients.  Ask each office for their policy as there is no standard. 

Cash Discount

+2

Each office is different.  We do offer small discounts for cash paying as it alleviates the credit card or financing fees.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cash discounts in Plastic Surgery

+2

Hi there-

Each office will have their own policies and practices, and so your best bet is to ask specifically.

Please be sure that, while financial considerations are important, you do not make decisions about who's hands you place your safety and happiness in based solely on costs...

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Cash Discounts?

+1
In my office we do not offer cash discounts for surgery. We accept create cards, checks and cash. The protocol for managing cash payments is the same as any other method of payment. However, we don't like to keep cash in our office so we immediately contact our bank and ask them to send a courier to pick up the payment.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cash Discounts for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery

+1

Each doctor may have different payment options and plans. Generally credit cards offer a significantly low rate that a cash discount may only be subject to a 1-2% discount. Other financing plans will offer minimal if any discount and therefore there are no advantages to offering cash discounts.  

Doctors and cash payments

+1

Cash/ check/credit card are all the same.  It makes no difference how a patient pays, it is reported the same.