Do Doctors Offer Cash Discounts for Plastic Surgery?

Do doctors offer a discount if I pay cash rather than finance? I want to get liposuction in my mid-section very soon and plan on paying with cash/certified check.

Cash discounts for plastic surgery

Many plastic surgeons will give a small discount for cash paying patients.  Ask each office for their policy as there is no standard. 

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Cash Discount

Each office is different.  We do offer small discounts for cash paying as it alleviates the credit card or financing fees.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Cash discounts in Plastic Surgery

Hi there-

Each office will have their own policies and practices, and so your best bet is to ask specifically.

Please be sure that, while financial considerations are important, you do not make decisions about who's hands you place your safety and happiness in based solely on costs...

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

7009 Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819

Cash Discounts?

In my office we do not offer cash discounts for surgery. We accept create cards, checks and cash. The protocol for managing cash payments is the same as any other method of payment. However, we don't like to keep cash in our office so we immediately contact our bank and ask them to send a courier to pick up the payment.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

10941 Raven Ridge Rd
Raleigh, NC 27614

Cash Discounts for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery

Each doctor may have different payment options and plans. Generally credit cards offer a significantly low rate that a cash discount may only be subject to a 1-2% discount. Other financing plans will offer minimal if any discount and therefore there are no advantages to offering cash discounts.  

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Doctors and cash payments

Cash/ check/credit card are all the same.  It makes no difference how a patient pays, it is reported the same.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028