Allergan Botox Treatment Doctors

With the approval of botox for Migraines, I'm assuming doctors and clinics that offer botox for cosmetic reasons are not going to go after this new business. Won't you find that insurance coverage of botox too much work considering how little botox offers you in terms of profit? What doctors should you go to for botox for migraine treatment?

Botox for Migraines in Santa Monica and Los Angeles

+1

Botox remains an important clinical treatment for recurrent migraines. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Treating Migranes with Botox

+1

Treatment of migranes is a very individualized process.  The first step is to see a qualified plastic and reconstructive surgeon that can understand and guide you through the multiple surgical and nonsurgical options.  The patient must present with an active migrane.  Only migranes that are triggered by compression of peripheral nerves can be treated with botox, luckily at least in my practice this includes the majority.  A plastic surgeon with craniofacial experience can easily identify the possible locations of triggering and a diagnosis is made by stimulating and relaxing the muscles manually with special massage techniques or injecting a small amount of lidocaine near the triggering nerve.   If the migrane is treated, the diagnosis is made and options are reviewed.  The next step is to give the patient a trial of local muscular relaxation with botox administration which must not only significantly chemodenervate the local muscles, but also must be balanced through the face so as not to create an aesthetic deformity.  depending on level of relief, duration of relief and patient preferences, most patients opt for a permanent treatment without recurring cost.  The identified trigger nerve is decompressed in a quick in office surgical procedure and a small amount of fat is placed around the nerveto cushion and protect it from further irritation.   Patient staisfaction is very high with this protocol.  Remember there are many practitioners that will be willing to inject Botox for migranes who do not have the anatomical, physiological or surgical knowledge and experience to produce a result.  I strongly recommend seeing a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who can guide you.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Neurologists and migraine treatment

+1

If you are seeking botox treatment for migrain headaches, then I sugggest you contact a neurologist in your community that has experience with this treatment.  Good luck.

Neurologists likely to offer botox for migraines

+1

Neurologists currently offer this an option and this falls within the realm of their treatment regimen.