Any Doctors in the North East America That Use the New Zeltiq Small Hand Piece?

Are there any Doctors in the Northeast (MA, RI, CT, NH, NY, NJ, etc.) that have the new Coolsculpting (Zeltiq) small hand piece? I realize that there are alot of doctors in this area that offer Coolsculpting but I cannot find one yet that has the new small hand piece that would work the best on the upper arm. I found a doctor from this site that has the new hand piece but he is located in Pensacola, FL which is a little to far for myself and a friend to travel.

Upper arms CoolSculpting

+1
I hope that by now you know that there is a newer applicator Called CoolFit that can be used to treat the abdomen, inner upper thighs, and arms. This applicator treats a larger area than the medium applicator but the treatment does not cost any more. 

You might, if you have not already, find a practice that has this applicator, as most do not, and get a consultation to see if this treatment is appropriate for you.

It will take an hour for each arm.

Newest small handpiece is still not available to physicians for CoolSculpting

+1

We are anxiously awaiting a smaller handpiece and do not know when the company will make it available for purchase.  There are many areas that I am anxious to use the new technology on that currently can't be treated with the 8, 6.3 and 6.2 applicators, even though it will be an off-label area.

Ronald Shelton, MD

New Handpieces for Coolsculpting

+1

The new handpieces have not been released yet but you may be able to get more information from the coolscuplting website as to where they are doing trials, etc.

Best Wishes!

Small handpiece for Zeltiq treating upper arms

+1

There are currently 3 publicly available sizes for treating with Zeltiq. There are other handpieces under development but not yet available to the general public. I do currently use the 6.2 and 6.3 to treat upper arms. However, one must undergo physical exam first to be sure you are an ideal candidate. It is best suited for those that have the appropriate amount of fat and some laxity in order to accomodate the handpiece.

Lori A. Brightman, MD

Zeltiq Handpiece

+1

The Zeltiq company now offers three handpieces for Coolsculpting procedures.  They are the smaller original series- 6.2 (smallest) and 6.3 (slightly larger, though same cooling plates), and the larger 8 series just for the abdomen (treats both sides simultaneously).  The 6.2 handpieces is not the right shape for the upper arm, as the appropriate shape would be longer and slimmer for that area.  The company is in the process of developing additional handpieces, but they are all in the development and clinical trial stage, and not for widespread use.   You can contact the company to ask if there are any clinical trials with new handpieces appropriate for the arm that will be conducted in your state.  

Hope that helps.

Madeline Krauss, M.D.

Madeline Krauss, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon