How Much a Nasal Tip Can Be Lifted During a Rhinoplasty?

I'm having a rhinoplasty after 5 days & my surgeon told me that he'll remove my dorsal hump & lift my nasal tip but he didn't tell me how much..Im so nervous that the lift will be too much so the distance between my upper lip & the tip will be so big,I would like to know what is the maximal distance that can be resulted & if it will apply any change to my lips & my face in general , also if you can tell me how the nasal tip is lifted(the techniques & the way it is done with)thanks in advance :)

Nasal lift should be subtle

+2

During rhinoplasty the nose is commonly lifted and, if done properly, should only enhance the nose while keeping a natural appearance. The lift should be subtle. Looking at a surgeon's before-and-after pictures can be very helpful in making sure he or she has the judgment and experience to perform the procedure. Lifting the nose is not easily quantitated. It is best to look at pictures, or computer images.  Lifting the nose is generally done by shortening the septum and sometimes resecting some of the soft tissue at the lower end of the septum, in combination with sutures.

+1

In general, elevating the tip can be accomplished through a variety of maneuvers and this will not be an easy question to answer in this forum.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for drooping tip

+1

A rhinoplasty to lift the tip can be accomplished  by a multitude of tip techniques that can be performed on the presenting anatomy. This is a discussion it should be performed  between the patient and  their surgeon. Computer imaging can also help with  your understanding of what looks good on your face. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try. See the  link below for examples of how we have addressed the droopy tip in our rhinoplasty practice

Lifting or Rotating the Nasal Tip

+1

There are too many ways to lift the tip to describe here. Sometimes the surgeon will not decide which to use until visualizing your cartilages. Perhaps reach out to your surgeon or his patient care coordinator to get some more specific answers to your concerns. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon