Have Any Doctors Used Liposonix in the Lower Buttock Region? Ive Read That It Can Be Used off Label in This Location.

Liposonix for buttocks

+1

I was one of the first centers in the U.S. to get the Liposonix device after it got FDA approved for fat reduction Nov 2011.  I have treated many parts of the body off-label (it is FDA approved for abdomen and flanks) where there is at least an inch of fat with great success and no complications.  I've been successfully treating the entire buttock region along with many other off-label regions.  It works great for areas that are difficult to reach with liposuction such as the cankles, inner knees, around the elbows, inner arms, around the underarms, "back breasts", and bra bulge.  The results have been phenomenal.  These areas are very sensitive and can only be treated using special techniques requiring expert knowledge of the anatomy and the device which I have developed over time with experience.

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Use of Liposonix for off-labelled areas such as lower buttock region

+1

The rule of thumb for Liposonix is that if you have an inch to pinch, Liposonix can make a difference with neck being the exception. We have the experience of contouring the lower buttock areas. We maximize reduction of fat pads in treated areas by combining one treatment of Liposonix with two additional courtesy treatments of Vaser Shape; both of which are FDA-approved ultrasound medical devices. While Coolsculpt or Zeltiq is not a bad option, it does not afford for body contouring because the fat pads have to be vacuumed into the treatment handpiece for it to be effective.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon